Speed limit on GO Basic — TomTom Community

Speed limit on GO Basic

LittleTykeLittleTyke Posts: 59 [Legendary Explorer]
On my TomTom Go Basic I used to be able to tap the screen on a road where the wrong speed limit was shown. Then a pop up appeared on which an option to "change speed limit" was provided. I could then scroll to the correct speed limit and acknowledge the change.
This feature has disappeared! I tried again today to report a wrong speed limit, but the "Change speed limit" option could not be found.
Also, back when I was able to change the speed limit I reported the same wrong speed limit, via my device, to TomTom on several occasions, but the speed limit is *still* wrong! This after at least one map update. Similar lagardly response was apparent with my old TomTom Start 20. It took TomTom up to two years to correct some wrong data.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,991
    Superusers
    edited October 23
    Hi
    @LittleTyke
    Welcome to the site....
    On the 2D North-up Route Planning screen....
    'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the screen --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Report Map Change'
    A new window opens....

jaqta71ymm3a.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • LittleTykeLittleTyke Posts: 59 [Legendary Explorer]
    On my TomTom GO the Report Map Change option does not always appear when I tap the three dots. But I've just played around with the satnav for 10 minutes and it kinda works sometimes. However, when I eventually see the option "Speed Limit" it's very difficult to swipe through the numbers to home in on the correct speed limit. Even if I'm super careful, I find I've selected 70 when I've aimed for 60. It's incredibly hit and miss. Anyway, I did manage to select the rogue road in question, which has been NSL for at least 15 years and now displays 30 on the satnav for over 2 miles. I've changed it to 60 at three different places, so hopefully the next map will have it implemented.