Red X on GO 6200 — TomTom Community

Red X on GO 6200

I use my sat nav for work and when driving today it just randomly switched itself off and restarted again but it would not come back on. I now get a picture on my screen showing computer screen with the wire going from it to the sat nav. It had a Red Cross on it. A warning triangle on the sat nav screen.

Answers

  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,992
    Superusers
    edited October 29
    Hi
    @Jamie20
    Welcome to the site....

    It looks like Recovery Mode has initialized on your device....

    When the device is in Recovery Mode... The device MUST be connected to your PC using the supplied USB Cable with MyDrive Connect running in the background for the Recovery process to complete....

    MyDrive Connect must be running on your PC, and be capable displaying as CONNECTED on MyDrive Connect...

    Installing MyDrive Connect....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

    See Tomtom FAQ... Navigation device not starting or displaying a cross....
    I think the device is somewhere between bullet-point (7) & (8)
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

    Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and if a connection to MyDrive Connect has NOT established....
    Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out....
    ___________________________

    This is a Tomtom User Forum where Users help each other....

    You may need to contact Tomtom Support....
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    (1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844
    _________________________

    (2)... The official way to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Jamie20Jamie20 Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    edited October 23
    Thank you for your reply. I have been trying to follow your steps but I am struggling to get it to work. I don’t understand why it’s doing this. Never had problems before, as I said i was using it yesterday morning and then all of a sudden it crashed. I have so much information stored on it it’s unbelievable and I don’t want to lose it all. Every time I connect it to computer all it keeps doing is loading up saying it’s restoring my device and then sat nav just does same thing. Restarting and coming up with the same picture. When I try to do a reset on sat nav after the white writing I can’t get the cogwheel to show. I hope there is a way of fixing this issue.


    0pnf59rty8iu.jpeg
    9n9eqj11af24.jpeg
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,992
    Superusers
    edited October 23

    @Jamie20
    Hi Again....
    When the device is in Recovery Mode... A WI-Fi Connection will NOT work.... The device MUST be connected to your PC using the supplied USB Cable with MyDrive Connect running in the background for the Recovery process to complete....

    MyDrive Connect must be running on your PC, and be capable displaying as CONNECTED on MyDrive Connect...
    If Recovery Mode keeps going round in circles and doesn't complete 100% & Reboot....

    You could....
    Contact Tomtom support.... Email or Chat....
    Or see Options (1) & (2) below....
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

    (1)... The easy way to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844
    ______________

    (2)... The official way to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support
    _________________________________

    OR
    _________________________________

    On the rare occasions I have problems with MyDrive Connect....
    Here is a couple of options that I use....

    Option... (1) If you are having problems with MyDrive Connect...
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1727979/#Comment_1727979
    ______________

    Option (2) Delete & Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    If you're using a Windows PC... I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller....
    Important.... Watch the Video in the link....
    The Revo Uninstall is a two stage process.... The initial standard uninstall
    Then a scan to remove files the standard Uninstall leaves behind....

    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1722414/#Comment_1722414

    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Uninstaller Program available for a Mac ???

    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Jamie20Jamie20 Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Hi that’s great thank you for your reply. I had it connected to the hotel’s computer last night and downloaded the My drive app. But it didn’t work, it kept on saying that it was restoring my device got to 100% but sat nav wouldn’t come back on. Just kept going back to the same screen. I do hope that i will be able to fix it. Don’t want to lose all my locations. Never done this before at all.
  • Jamie20Jamie20 Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    I take it this is what this means that my sat nav has gone into recovery mode? When I try to press and hold the on switch, I get the white writing and try to press it 3 times but I don’t get the cogwheel it just goes back to this screen

    ty5877t17exdx.jpeg
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,992
    Superusers
    edited October 24
    Hi
    @Jamie20
    Yes your device is in Recovery mode....

    (1)... It's NOT the MyDrive App... You need the MyDrive Connect program....
    Get it Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect
    (2)... You need MyDrive Connect running on a Windows or a Mac PC
    The device is somewhere between bullet-point (7) & (8)
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Jamie20Jamie20 Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Hi,

    I have tried absolutely everything and I can’t get it to work. It just keeps going back to same screen, I have emailed TomTom support just awaiting a reply. I hope to hear from them soon. Is there anything else you can recommend?
  • Jamie20Jamie20 Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    What do you mean my device is between bullet-point 7 and 8? I just can’t seem to get it working.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,992
    Superusers
    edited October 24
    Hi
    @Jamie20
    Jamie20 wrote: »
    What do you mean my device is between bullet-point 7 and 8? I just can’t seem to get it working.
    Tomtom Support won't reply until Monday (Normal Weekday Office hours)

    When you read the Tomtom FAQ bullet-point 8 is as you describe....
    The percentage counting up to 100%

    ax4ceysd4sy2.png
    Are you using a Windows or a Mac PC
    Is MyDrive Connect installed and running on the PC
    Is the GO 6200 connected over USB to the PC
    Are you connected to a reliable internet connection....
    Hotel Wi-Fi connections are not usually very reliable....

    Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • Jamie20Jamie20 Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Jamie20
    Jamie20 wrote: »
    What do you mean my device is between bullet-point 7 and 8? I just can’t seem to get it working.
    Tomtom Support won't reply until Monday (Normal Weekday Office hours)

    When you read the Tomtom FAQ bullet-point 8 is as you describe....
    The percentage counting up to 100%

    ax4ceysd4sy2.png
    Are you using a Windows or a Mac PC
    Is MyDrive Connect installed and running on the PC
    Is the GO 6200 connected over USB to the PC
    Are you connected to a reliable internet connection....
    Hotel Wi-Fi connections are not usually very reliable....

    Stay safe... ATB YFM


    Hi thank you for your reply. I am using a windows pc. Yeah my drive connect is installed and running on the pc. My 6200 is also connected over Usb. Now that I am at home my wifi is strong but it just keeps going back to same screen. Can I send you my serial number? I don’t understand it at all. Never had any issues, I just hope it can be fixed, it has loads of information stored.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,992
    Superusers
    edited October 25
    Hi
    @Jamie20
    Have you Used the MyDrive Web Route planner ???
    If 'Yes'... All of your MyPlaces, Saved routes etc... will have been Synced & Stored on your Tomtom MyDrive Account (Tomtom Cloud)
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    __________________________

    Did you try....
    On the rare occasions I have problems with MyDrive Connect....
    Here is a couple of options that I use....

    Option... (1) If you are having problems with MyDrive Connect...
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1727979/#Comment_1727979
    ______________

    Option (2) Delete & Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    If you're using a Windows PC... I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller....
    Important.... Watch the Video in the link....
    The Revo Uninstall is a two stage process.... The initial standard uninstall
    Then a scan to remove files the standard Uninstall leaves behind....

    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1722414/#Comment_1722414

    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Uninstaller Program available for a Mac ???

    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Jamie20Jamie20 Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Jamie20
    Have you Used the MyDrive Web Route planner ???
    If 'Yes'... All of your MyPlaces, Saved routes etc... will have been Synced & Stored on your Tomtom MyDrive Account (Tomtom Cloud)
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    __________________________

    Did you try....
    On the rare occasions I have problems with MyDrive Connect....
    Here is a couple of options that I use....

    Option... (1) If you are having problems with MyDrive Connect...
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1727979/#Comment_1727979
    ______________

    Option (2) Delete & Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    If you're using a Windows PC... I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller....
    Important.... Watch the Video in the link....
    The Revo Uninstall is a two stage process.... The initial standard uninstall
    Then a scan to remove files the standard Uninstall leaves behind....

    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1722414/#Comment_1722414

    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Uninstaller Program available for a Mac ???

    Stay Safe... ATB YFM


    Hi,

    I have been onto my drive connect and yes destinations etc are saved on there. However it appears that there are things missing from it which is what I am worried about. I shall try your other suggestions and I shall get back to you. Thank you for your help it is appreciated I just hope I can get it fixed. I normally just uninstall the software without using uninstaller program. I just don’t understand why it has done this, I have had the sat nav for years. Always kept it updated etc.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,992
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Jamie20
    Of course, you can do a standard Uninstal/Reinstall if you are more happy doing that...
    But after the Reinstallation of MyDrive Connect and before connecting your Device... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)

    Also, NEVER... Have your Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... The first Install of MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown in the link below)
    It can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….


    ATB YFM
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0