AmiGO not working in overlay / background (Samsung devices)
- Your current speed and speed limit stop updating. The Overlay widget looks “frozen”.
- You stop getting warnings and instructions, both visually and through voice (TTS).
Samsung Galaxy S8/ S9 / S10 / S20
Ensure that your device is not putting AmiGO to sleep.
- Start Device care from your phone's settings.
- Tap on the Battery icon.
- Tap on Menu (3 dots in the top right) > Settings.
- Only enable Notifications, disable the rest.
- Tap Sleeping Apps.
- Wake up all apps using the Trash icon.
All Samsung Devices (including S8, S9, S10, S20)
Turn off App Power Monitor by following these steps:
- Open Settings > Device maintenance > Battery.
- Tap on Menu (3 dots in the top right).
- Disable App Power Monitor. In some devices, this is also called App Energy Monitor.
On older devices, the path may be as belows:
Phone settings > Applications > Menu (3 dots in top right corner) > Special Access > Optimize Battery Usage > Find AmiGO on the list and make sure that it is not selected.