CarPlay integration with AmiGO App

paul_cox_un33
paul_cox_un33 Registered Users Posts: 1
Apprentice Seeker
edited October 2020 in TomTom AmiGO app for iPhone
I have been using the TomTom Go app on my iPhone since the beginning of the year, in place of Here WeGo [which at the time did not integrate with CarPlay].
However, Go has one major drawback - in that speeding alerts doe not sound until at least 3mph [5kph] over the speed limit. Since there is a lag before the alert sounds, this is enough to get a speeding ticket in the UK.
Amigo does allow the alert threshold to be set at 1mph over the limit - which would be fine. But without CarPlay integration the app is of no use to me.
It seems to me that TomTom have a Catch 22 situation - they need more iPhone users to justify CarPlay integration - but without it they are likely to limit the number of iPhone users.
It also baffles me why TomTom does not incorporate a feature such as the choice of speed alert trigger into a paid app, when it is present in a free app!

Comments

• Heidelbaer
    Heidelbaer Registered Users Posts: 17
    Outstanding Explorer
    Hi,
    I'm looking for an option to connect my iPhone 7 and a TomTom App (which I do not know yet which one?) via ApplecarPlay to my car's big screen. More importantly the App should allow planning on the PC and the planned route should consist of many (say 50) way points which will be recorded as visited once I have passed them. Similiar to what I'm used to with my TomTom Rider on the bike. So not like it is on GoogleMaps where it only leads you from way point to way point.
    Could somebody be so kind and recomment a product of TomTom which meets these criterias.
    Thanks
  • Heidelbaer
    Heidelbaer Registered Users Posts: 17
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited May 12
    Doug, Thanks.
    does this mean that TomTom has no product on offer to solve my intention above?
  • Levisp
    Levisp Registered Users Posts: 93
    Supreme Navigator
    Personally I'm baffled by TomTom full stop. I don't understand why AmiGo exists when there is so much work needs doing on their other apps. If you want a free app with CarPlay use Waze. Why try to invent the wheel with another free app ? Surely their time and money would be best spent making the paid app the best. Unfortunately functionality that has been ask for 4 years ago still hasn't materialised. Try saving a route. Sorry not possible. Import a route. Sorry not possible. Organise favourites into folders. Sorry not possible. AmiGo must be the answer. No. Rant over.
  • 460wildman
    460wildman Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I agree, I am trying to use the Amigo app, but without Carplay integration, I find myself using Google Maps or Waze more often.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Hello,

CarPlay is now live on the beta with version 8.380.0 and soon be available to all. If you wish to join the beta program, open this link on your iPhone after you install TestFlight.

Best, lampard
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    edited May 12
    Hi @lampard

Just tried IOS Amigo in CarPlay on my VW Golf with USB connection. Amigo Icon appears on screen but does not display. Says Not available with NK2

6qqazogdru28.jpeg

No issue with GO Nav
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Thanks, Doug!

I'm checking this with the team, can you confirm the app version and Navigation engine version from the app?

Best, lampard
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @lampard

Amigo App version 8.380.0 (12451) Nav Engine 12.2.1 IOS 15.4.1

Doug
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited May 12
    0wbi8v164001.jpg
    Hi @lampard

Have deleted the App from the phone and reloaded. No get the message to turn on Background App refresh when able too. I have looked on the phone and it has Background App Refresh as On ie Green against button but it is greyed out . So whilst showing as On it then being Greyed out suggests it is not working.

The reloaded App now says App Version 8.340.0 (12451) Eng Version 0.2.1107

Doug
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @lampard

Now sorted out the Background App Issue. I had a restriction on the phone.

App now working.

Doug