Update for my VIA 53 — TomTom Community

Update for my VIA 53

I OWN TOM TOM VIA 53. I HAVE UPDATED CONTROL DEVICES AND I HAVE MISSED ALL

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian!

Best Answer

Answers

• LEONE1946LEONE1946 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    :'(
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    edited October 22
    Hi @LEONE1946

You had a problem with the updates, which one? Maybe:

- If you have the message "No Map".
    Your WiFi connection is to weak or has been interrupted, use the MyDrive Connect software on a computer to replace the direct WiFi connection.
    The launch of downloads is always done in the menu of the TomTom device not from the computer. The PC screen only shows a fixed "easy way" window.
    ojm11o5azhgh.png
    Do not do all your updates at the same time but one by one.
    Look at this FAQ: https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013958699-No-maps-available-Wi-Fi-devices

- If you have an "error message", a computer with a red cross.
    You need to reinstall the internal software of the device. For this you also need the MyDrive Connect software on a PC. How to do:
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013958639-My-GO-6200-GO-5200-GO-620-GO-520-GO-PROFESSIONAL-GO-ESSENTIAL-or-VIA-53-shows-an-error-message

I hope this will help you.

Regards.
  • LEONE1946LEONE1946 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited October 23
    AFTER UPDATING THE POLICE SIGNALERS I CANNOT FIND MY DESTINATIONS THAT I HAD INSERTED FOR 2 YEARS

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,993
    Superusers
    edited October 23
    Hi
    @LEONE1946
    Are you logged into MyDrive on the device ???
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> MyDrive

PS.... Your Caps/Lock key appears to be stuck in the on position....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi all

@LEONE1946

I notice that you know how to use an online translator like the Google tool to understand the answers, you can also use it for your questions... Indeed unlock your Caps Lock key would be a good idea for your future messages on this forum help between users...

Your personal favorites, "My Places", are permanently syncronized and saved in your TomTom account (cloud) via MyDrive. For this to work:

- Your email and password must be entered in your device in "MyDrive", sometimes during an update the password is deactivated.
    Check here ==> Main Menu (4Dots....)/System/MyDrive if necessary type your email+password

- You must have at least 400MB of free memory space to allow syncronization. If necessary, uninstall unnecessary files (maps, voices...)
    Check here ==> Main Menu (4Dots....)/System/About/Free memory space: minimum 400MB

- The location of your device must also be activated to synchronize with "MyDrive" and receive all the other services (Traffic, Speed Cameras, Quick Search on line)
    Check here ==> Main Menu (4Dots....)/System/Your information & privacy/line "Use my location and the information I enter to receive TomTom services"/ "activated" at least this option, The others below are optional according to your wishes.

- Your VIA53 must have an active internet connection either by Wifi or by bluetooth sharing with your smartphone or by cable with a PC and the MyDriveConnect software running.

If you have a lot of "My Places" and/or "Tracks", synchronization can take a while. You have to wait a bit for all your personal favorites to be restored to your device.The fastest by USB cable, then by Wifi, then by shared bluetooth.

Regards.