Folders in My Places — TomTom Community

Folders in My Places

I’m maybe posting on the incorrect place, but could someone please suggest to the developers to add folders to the Tom Tom
My places area on the sat nav to enable us to keep different places in folders - I work for a company that does deliveries for 2 separate companies. It would be good to be able to separate them in the my places list.
Will this come to the sat navs by update any time soon?

Comments

• pelham89pelham89 Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I think you'll find that most use a 3rd party .Such as POI Editor, where you can make your own folders, and doesn't fill the map up with My Places stars.
  • Scottish_Laddie85Scottish_Laddie85 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    I don’t like the sound of that. Haha. That needs a PC as far as I’m aware. I use iPad and iPhone to access the internet. I have no use for a PC so got rid of mine years ago.
    The only reason I have kept, and use my VERY old PC is Because of TT. Especially my older spare unit (Go 5000) needs it for maps etc, which can only be done on one.
    TT was asked by many, if they could use the older POI category system they had previously, but fell on deaf ears. The most annoying thing is that they CAN now make it for Electric Charging Points, but haven't suggested it would be rolled out for other POI.....
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,994
    Superusers
    edited October 21
    Hi
    @Scottish_Laddie85
    Sorry but if you only have access to an iPhone & iPad... I can't see a way to create the usual workaround of Personnel .Ov2 POI Categories, to replace the existing MyPlaces list....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Is there no way of re introducing similar to the OLD Poi categories. With us oldies (me anyway) who have been Loyal customers (Original Go still in the cupboard) it was really nice to be able to create easily and conveniently without having to learn these computer skills.
    I'm sure that your expert dev people would be able to do this easily, especially that have been able to create the Charging Points, or is it that they're not bothered.
    Superusers
    edited October 21
    Hi
    @pelham89
    Users have been asking for ages for folders in the MyPlaces list....

@Scottish_Laddie85
    You don't have to search down a long list of My Places, you can of course search the MyPlaces list....
    See Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1727636/#Comment_1727636
    Probably best to read the rest of the linked thread, to understand the 3-Character search limit and it's short cumming, when searching the MyPlaces list....
    Also see the MyPlaces workaround using Personal .Ov2 POI Category/Categories to replace MyPlaces

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I'm not sure how much of a map we will see, when we are asking for them to be displayed on our map, if we didn't have our own categories though.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @pelham89
    The latests NAV4 or NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices.... Installing 3rd party POI Categories... You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

See Tomtom Video... How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive

Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....

13s1zlb8gssy.jpg
    But you can use one icon for for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information

Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs....Tap 4Dot (....Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon.. Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out (I guess so you can scroll around a clear Map to find your location)
    The Icon reappear as you zoom back in again

Here the Yellow Pentagon Icons --> National Trust
    fwsmyemsot57.jpg
    Searching an installed 3rd party POI Category....
    The search engine is excellent you usually only need to type around three characters of the POI name for a hit...
    For example... I have loaded the 3rd party POI's for the National Trust... To show the POI's for "National Trust" on the map, work your way down to option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap (....)4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the MyPlaces Icon
    Scroll down and select the required POI Category For example "National Trust"
    You now have three options
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type Dud (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list)
    Tap on the offered Dudmaston Hall and select the Drive Icon

fvvl1hj389eu.jpg
    You also have two further options.....
    After the initial "National Trust" POI selection
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles

o7rx4qycdyey.jpg
    (1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a list will appear of the "National Trust" sites in distance order
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the "National Trust" sites POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail) (Note..... On the Start range its easier to tap the plus and minus buttons to zoom the map screen)
    as far as I'm aware it will show the nearest 60ish POI's around your location
    There is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

An example of the generic Icons on the search screen, the Icons are dynamic so the closer you zoom more icons appear

j381fa0ut3qg.jpg
    You can also search for a Town (Area)...
    Edit... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search... Screen top right...

Tap Whole Map
    o0se6o5bh2n1.jpg
    Select....
    843m281xlw2f.jpg
    Below is a Search around the Town of Ludlow for the Archie's Camping & Caravan POIs... The Icons are dynamic. The closer you zoom more icons appear

h9od09kbq9rb.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thank you for that, but it's the same as politics, it still doesn't answer the question that will help @Scottish_Laddie85 initially asked.
    Only 3rd PARTY and not TT, through a computer.
    Superusers
    edited October 21
    Hi
    @pelham89
    pelham89 wrote: »
    Thank you for that, but it's the same as politics, it still doesn't answer the question that will help @Scottish_Laddie85 initially asked.
    Only 3rd PARTY and not TT, through a computer.
    Mmmmm....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1730250/#Comment_1730250

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Scottish_Laddie85Scottish_Laddie85 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Thanks for you’re input anyway, doesn’t really help me, what would help would be folders, haha. Cant be too difficult for the programming guys to put into an update. Must be reasons why they are ignoring many requests for this. Hopefully it will come at some stage. Probably when i’m old and retired, haha.