Proper map reporting tool — TomTom Community

Proper map reporting tool

eddydceddydc Posts: 67 [Renowned Trailblazer]
Hi,
When will one make finally a decent map reporting tool available? Compared to the map reporting of the competing map provider, mapshare is rather basic and amateurish.
Things that are definitely missing from mapshare:
- indication of the speed according to the map
- house numbers are not shown
- buildings/houses are not shown
- satellite images are missing to determine an exact position
It will provide people, trying to help with accurate data, a more proper tool to work with
Cheers,
Eddy

Comments

• cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 41 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    compared to other map editors like Waze totally agree.
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,927
    Superusers
    I don't know what you see in your area, but here I do see the buildings, and also the house numbers. Also when reporting a speed limit, it shows the current speed limit as implemented into the TomTom map.

6cao7szdcba0.jpg
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 67 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    None of that in our country:
    7f72bf1r832y.png

Concerning the speed limits, one needs to select each segment in order to know what the current speed limit is. This is rather tedious when one has to report a lot of streets where one doesn't know if the data is already correct.

Competitor map providers indicate things with colors:
    i4zu6ch59skz.png

• MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,927
    Superusers
    edited October 21
    You have to enable the settings (turn on the 'Address point' layer), then you also see the house numbers in your area. Regarding the speed limits I agree, it could be much better. Color coding would indeed immediately make clear where the missing speed limits are, and where are the wrong ones. Hopefully TomTom can make this feature in MSR indeed, would be a huge improvement.

Which editor is that by the way in your picture?

ad0liybw3gm5.jpg
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,982
    Superusers
    edited October 22
    Hi
    As far as I'm aware, the House numbering feature on the MapShare map, is only available in the same areas as shown on the Tomtom devices when the 3D Building are displayed....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi,
    The layer does indeed help. The building contours are lacking but that would be fixed immediately if one would also make sat images available.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Why can't support answer this? It has been asked multiple times without a proper answer (meaning different from a standard copy/waste answer in order to get a ticket closed fast).
    I wished one would listen instead, like the suggestion that our local government has all traffic sign data (thus also speed limits) available, but one refuses to understand this.

The other tool is the map creator from Here. It is far from perfect, but not as amateurish as mapshare.

Cheers,

Eddy
    On top, mapshare is very slow and far from workable whilst reporting issues.