POIs visible on web are no longer available on revamped GO Navigation app — TomTom Community

POIs visible on web are no longer available on revamped GO Navigation app

pvanewijkpvanewijk Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
They were there prior to update. Now all my POIs are gone. Favourites are still there as are Work and Home and Routes. Android 9 Samsung Galaxy J5 2017

Best Answer

Answers

• pvanewijkpvanewijk Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thanks. At least I know its not me. As much as I appreciate all the wonderful new features, losing the POIs that used to work on the app and I need is a tremendous loss. I suppose I could create them as favourites but they would be a mile long and not in suitable categories as in by country or locality. Absolute madness. If this isnt fixed soon then after tens of years of TomTom I may need to go sowehere else for a solution. Oh and cancel my subscription of course.
  • petakpetak Posts: 24 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    pvanewijk wrote: »
    Thanks. At least I know its not me. As much as I appreciate all the wonderful new features,...
    Hmm, like what?

• eddydceddydc Posts: 53 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    The proper support of custom POIs and custom icons has gone for ages and has been promised for years.
    Instead one have even omitted the total support of custom POIs in the current version of the Android app. When will this debacle will finally come to an end and one can have custom POIs and their icons like a proper navigation device/app should do?
  • pvanewijkpvanewijk Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    POIs were certainly still on the app as of March this year. Trying to be a little constructive here: Why do we need POIs? Most destinations or waypoints are covered by search IF addresses have been entered correctly in the phone and post code but I have POIs for more accurate positions of peoples houses having once been there, favourite parking areas/services and the like. I also have locations of small laybys not found in search on my route to work in case of breakdown and would you believe of potholes. The list is long.
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 246 [Exalted Navigator]
    "Custom" POI's have not been supported since TT pushed ver. 2 to several unsuspecting users toward the end of last year. Ver. 2 also removed several other desirable features from the app. For me it became unusable for work so I moved on. Occasionally, I'll still use TT if I am not in my daily driver. It is still the mess it was last year. Since they no longer think I have a subscription, even though it's good to March, I may be gone for good.