My route App / tyre to travel with Rider 550 — TomTom Community

My route App / tyre to travel with Rider 550

Banger999214Banger999214 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited October 2020 in RIDER
Can the very latest bike models ie 550 etc can you add routes from my route app or tyre to travel from the computer or over wifi or Bluetooth

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
    You can sync a track using MyDrive using WiFi or your phone connection. Bluetooth sharing between Riders or PC is removed in the Rider 550.

It is also possible to use the option to save as - TomTom MyDrive in MyRoute App for the Rider. But you can’t see this tracks in the MyDrive App and Go Mobile.

Personally I use “Load Track” to load my routes on the Rider. See my Site for more information.
  • EConesECones Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've searched for a Tyre forum with no luck.

I'm using Tyre 8.31 Professional (8.314). it's been a long time since I've planned a route and have a new problem I've never had before.

I try to add a waypoint manually (Ctrl-Alt-M) by simply typing an address and clicking Search. The address address appears with a checkbox, but in most cases I cannot check it to select it. I can try other addresses, and they'll appear already checked, and I can use them. But the ones I really want, I can't select.

Addresses are known, good addresses with homes that have been there using the same address for decades. I can find them just fine with other software like Google maps, but I want to create a route for my GPS.
    Try to create your route using MyDrive.TomTom.com
    This is also an easy to use routeplanner. The Tyre professional version stopped and Tyre is free now but you need your own Google API Key. https://www.janboersma.nl/gett/download.php

MyDrive is able to sync the routes as track to your Rider 4x0 or 5x0. The easiest way is to select your start and destination an than drag te route to your preferred roads.
  • FlookFlook Posts: 20 [Legendary Explorer]
    I have just read this roadRider, looks good, then I read on your site it is for Windows, I assume not iMac's.

Flook B)
  • agesofmanagesofman Posts: 24 [Master Explorer]
    Banger - Like you I use Tyre to plan routes.

Partly as I have used it for years and partly as it has quite a lot of added functionality over the MyDrive app.

It's easy to transfer to your Rider as a track - simply select option TomTom and either copy direct to your device using TomTom MyDrive option or copy to TomTom Home and then use MyDrive to sych to your Rider
    Flook wrote: »
    I have just read this roadRider, looks good, then I read on your site it is for Windows, I assume not iMac's.

Flook B)

Only GPX Track 2 OV2 is also a available as MAC version.