GPRS disconnected on Trucker 6000 — TomTom Community

GPRS disconnected on Trucker 6000

Hi I just purchased a used Tomtom trucker 6000 and it’s saying gprs disconnected. I’ve done a hard reset and it’s still disconnected could anyone help me get it reconnected please, many thanks, John

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,986
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Johntommo
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Coronavirus, Social Distancing and people working from home, are probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,579
    Superuser
    edited October 17
    Hi @Johntommo

I assume that you have taken the unit outside well away from buildings in an area with good Mobile signal availability rather than only checking the status whilst. indoors.

If so I suggest that you contact Customer Support who can then check the units settings on the TT servers. Regrettably if the previous owner has not used the unit for, I think, 3 years the sim could have been deactivated as Mobile Sims are on telephones following long inactivity. Also if live services have not been used for 18 months TT may have deactivated it.

Tap Support at the top of the page.
    Sign in top Right
    Tap Contact Us
    Type GPRS and hit return
    Tap Contact a technician
    Tap Chat.

Chat is busy and so it may take a few goes to get a link. You will also need to check with them whether there is any current Subscriptionrs s for Traffic and cameras as the GO 6000 Pro only came with 1 years free T and C and so need to be renewed annually.

It may be useful for you to read the following Post by @YamFazMan which may help as well as the subsequent posts in the same topic...

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1727102/#Comment_1727102

Doug