GO 510 update fails 10/2020 — TomTom Community

GO 510 update fails 10/2020

Update fails on my GO 510 device with lifetime support. Always hangs to 100% checking screen. Tried the disabling all antivirus and firewall. Tried with another computer. Tried to factory reset the device. The software version on device is 18.203.0026.311 (05.04.2019)

Answers

• TaitoTaito Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    qs7wgh73gv4q.png
    Anything on this @supporttomtom ? Tried today again factory reset, removing memory card... update always hangs to 'checking' as if the tom tom 510 is not accepting the update.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,623
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi
    @Taito
    Welcome to the site....
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9GB

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Note... If you haven't got a small keeper map installed on the onboard memory @Jim07 or another of the Forum Moderators can allocate a small local map to your Account on Monday....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi
    @YamFazMan
    Thanks for reply. The problem is not memory size. Plenty available as my maps are on memory card. As said tried also without memory card, factory reset ... For me this looks like 510 and computer are not starting to transfer even app says in 'checking'. Tried also without firewalls and from another computer. No Luck.

For some reason navigator is not accepting navcore update?

wai2fsvdd9v4.png

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,623
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Taito
    Have you got a small keeper map installed on the onboard memory ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM