Lifetime speed cameras now needs update? — TomTom Community

Lifetime speed cameras now needs update?

I got a GO40 with lifetime speed cameras but when I log in its now saying its expired and I can’t understand how to get the speed cameras back on.

Can anyone help?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,409
    Superuser
    Hi @Kgb1953

Hopefully @VikramK can check your settings on the TT servers and change if appropriate

Look back here on Monday when he will be back on the forum.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,470 Moderator
    Hi @Kgb1953

Welcome to the community!
    I reviewed the device information in the backend. It shows that the device comes with Lifetime Maps and Lifetime Traffic(smartphone connected).
    Speed camera services are embedded for 3 months from the date of purchase.

Regards, Vikram
  • Kgb1953Kgb1953 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @VikramK

I bought the Go40 from Currys PCWorld (UK) in 2014 because it was sold with lifetime speed cameras and have had them on the device since then.

All of the updates that I've installed since 2014 have included the speed cameras and nothing has changed with my device since so I don't know why they would not be on there now.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance.
  • Kgb1953Kgb1953 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @VikramK @DougLap

Not sure if you saw my previous response. Any updates? It definitely wasn't 3 months only of speed cameras so I'm not sure what has changed since my last update?

Thanks in advance.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,762
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Kgb1953
    I had a quick look at the old GO 40 reviews on Google... The only one I found that states anything about speed cams says....

y341wd03yaxl.jpg
    Here... https://www.coolblue.be/en/product/545915/tomtom-go-40-europe.html

Were you still receiving regular Speed Cam updates 'Way' after the 3 Months Free updates or were you just driving around using the original free Speed cam file without any updates ????

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,409
    Superuser
    Hi @Kgb1953

If you have evidence that the unit was sold with Lifetime Cameras then I suggest that you contact Customer Support and give them the details.

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right
    Tap Contact us
    Type help and hit return
    Tap Contact us
    Select Contact an expert
    Select Chat
    Chat is very busy so may take a few attempts to get a connection

Doug