Using the TomTom Go App via CarPlay on my Honda Africa Twin - Loading MyDrive Routes — TomTom Community

Using the TomTom Go App via CarPlay on my Honda Africa Twin - Loading MyDrive Routes

Doc_CRF1100LDoc_CRF1100L Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I would like to be able to create routes on MyDrive and transfer them to my TomTom Go App which I can then see on my Bike's Carplay screen.
Is that still not possible? If not, when will it be possible? If it is possible, how do I do it?
I will subscribe to the full TomTom Go app as soon as I know this works.

Many thanks.
Steve

Best Answer

Answers

• Doc_CRF1100LDoc_CRF1100L Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Doug,

many thanks for your prompt reply.

That's disappointing. I have yet to find a navigation App that allows for route planning and also connects to CarPlay.

The future for bike navigation, like my Africa Twin today, is with CarPlay and mobile navigation Apps. The sales of standalone hardware navigation devices will dwindle, and you would have thought that TomTom would be ahead of the game. Gamin have nothing either - and together with TomTom, they are the leaders in the field of motorcyle navigation.

This means that TomTom is not currently an option for me. I'll keep track on the TomTom site, and hope a solution becomes available soon.

Best regards,
    Steve