Why can't I connect Sports App (Samsung s9) to TomTom Runner Cardio? — TomTom Community

Why can't I connect Sports App (Samsung s9) to TomTom Runner Cardio?

jalfojalfo Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this, I can't connect the MySports App with my TomTom Runner Cardio watch. I'm thinking it might've worked on my old phone (Samsung s7) because the last logs on the app are from 2015.

My phone registers the watch though it gets stuck on the rotating CONNECT circle and doesn't proceed to let me enter the pin.

Wondering if it's at all possible to connect with my Samsung s9.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,398
    Superusers
    You should try to reset the connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
  • jalfojalfo Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited October 15
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    You should try to reset the connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I think you haven't understood my question... so I'll clarify

I have been attempting to connect via the app.
    The watch only pops up in my phone's Bluetooth menu when I have the app open.
    But that doesn't do anything.

When I plug the watch into my macbook it doesn't come up as a storage device. Do I need a specific app on the macbook?

I've uninstalled the app several times, I can't unpair from the BT menu because it doesn't come up unless the app is open.
  • jalfojalfo Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    All sorted now, got it too work!