Why can't I get warning sounds for Speed Camera alerts on Go 50? — TomTom Community

Why can't I get warning sounds for Speed Camera alerts on Go 50?

jjmnajjmna Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited October 2020 in Speed Cameras
Hi,

I have recently updated my Go50 and now have no warning sounds on Speed Cameras.

On line conversations a moderator is saying that TomTom now remove sounds when you stop paying their monthly Speed Camera subscription which I had done a couple of months back. Surely this can't be true?

I bought the monthly updates for any new cameras but expect to keep the old camera info that I have already paid for

How do I get my old Camera info including warning sounds back? I have sound for Voices etc so why not Speed Camera Alerts

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,668
    Superusers
    edited October 2020
    Hi
    @jjmna
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu)
    Are any 'Sound Icons' slashed through ??? it’s really easy to turn off a Sound Icon when swiping through the Menus

v412wdu3g07c.jpg
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you set up a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • jjmnajjmna Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It appeared to be a glitch in TomTom's latest system update that caused the sound to disappear, they provided another speed camera update for a week and it seems to have fixed the problem, eventually.
    It's a real shame that you cannot speak to anyone in TomTom Customer Support now.
    It takes forever to get a reply online and its not very good, either, from my experience in dealing with them.
    They seem to reply on enthusiasts to supply help rather than pay for their own in-house support to adequately cope with customer's needs.