GO Professional 620 'Record a Route' function not working. — TomTom Community

GO Professional 620 'Record a Route' function not working.

aphidbagaphidbag Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
I want to Record aand save a route on my TomTom professional 620. When I press the Record Route function I dont get the flashing red light to show it's recording. I need some technical support but don't know how to find it.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,338
    Superuser
    Hi @aphidbag

Before trying to contact customer support which is only available by Chat and Email with so many working from home try the following.

A Soft Reset.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

If that does not work then a Factory Reset (FR). Before doing the FR go to the My Drive Website and log into your account and check that all your My Places and Routes etc are saved there. If they are then the unit should restore the data after the FR .

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

You will have to set the unit up again with language, Bluetooth, Wifi and my Drive Account etc.. The Operating Software and Map versions on the unit will not be changed by this reset.

Doug
  • aphidbagaphidbag Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Great! Thanks Doug.
  • aphidbagaphidbag Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Route recording is now working. I had to do the factory reset. Thanks again.
    Paul
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,338
    Superuser
    Hi @aphidbag

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,428 Moderator
    Hi @aphidbag

I’m glad to hear you got it sorted! :D

When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark your topic as solved so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Thank you, Vikram