Possibility to export a destination from Google maps to a Go Camper device? — TomTom Community

Possibility to export a destination from Google maps to a Go Camper device?

Is it possible to export a destination from an app on your phone (e.g. Google maps) to a Go Camper device? It connects to phone via bluetooth. With a Garmin 7700 you can "share" a location to the smartlink app and on to the GPS device

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,709
    Superusers
    edited October 13
    Hi
    @DaveHenderson
    Welcome to the Site....
    Maybe useful... This is the Workaround I use on my PC :)
    Transfer the individual Google Map locations manually to the MDW Route planner
    With Google Maps and the MyDrive Web Route planner both running
    (1)... Type the location into the Google Maps Search Box and Right-click on the offered location marker and select 'What's here'
    Or
    (2)... Right-click on the Map at the required location and select 'What's here'
    (3)... A small window opens at the bottom of the screen... Click on the displayed Coordinates... the Coordinates are now displayed in the normal Search Box
    (4)... Copy the Coordinates & Paste them into the MyDrive Web Route planner (Press Enter on your Keyboard) the MDW Route planner will Zoom to the location....
    Right-Click on the Icon to....
    Send Destination
    Add to MyPlaces
    Use as Starting point
    Plan Route
    If you have a Route already planned....
    Right-Click on the Icon to add a Stop

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DaveHendersonDaveHenderson Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi YamFazMan.
    Thanks for the response, Ill have a look at it, I'm sure it'll be fine if I am planning at home.
    My problem is that when I am touring in the motorhome I don't have a PC.
    I use one or two Apps on my smart phone to find a suitable site to camp and currently with the Garmin I can transfer locations from the App to the Garmin. I would ideally like to do the same with my new Tomtom.
    I don't like the Garmin generally but this feature is handy when you're out and about.
  • DaveHendersonDaveHenderson Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks DougLap. I think I see what I have to do now.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,351
    Superuser
    Hi @DaveHenderson

Your welcome. Hope you are sorted now.

Doug