My Tomtom Go Premium X will not update anything — TomTom Community

My Tomtom Go Premium X will not update anything

phileckphileck Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
I contacted TomTom chat on 2nd Oct to ask them to remove the Charging Station poi. Now the device wont update anything

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,385
    Superuser
    Hi @phileck

What updates do you think have become available since the 2nd October that you are not being offered.

Doug
  • phileckphileck Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I asked for the Charging Stations poi to be removed. Takes up too much space and don’t have an electric car. They said that they would do that. However I still keep getting it as an update. I also have two other updates Offered including speed cameras, but when I try to update I just see the message “Oops something went wrong” and told to try again. No luck. I reset the device but still nothing. I have lifetime cameras, etc with this model and can’t update them.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,751
    Superusers
    Hi
    @phileck
    Welcome to the site....
    Are you updating using Wi-Fi or Over USB ???
    Check your Wi-Fi Connection status ???

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices normally update using Wi-Fi....
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB....

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on Your WI-FI name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wi-Fi) devices connected over Wi-Fi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if MyDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps

Connecting hard-wired over USB is normally more reliable than any Over The Air Connections
    Updating your new device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here..... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

There's no need to login to MyDrive Connect... See Note... (1)
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    The Update will hopefully complete

If you're using a Laptop it would be also more advisable to use a hard-wire connection back from the Laptop to the Router....

Note... (1) MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wi-Fi" etc....

27bxc59f2s23.png
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wi-Fi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC Taskbar... The NAV(5 Wi-Fi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,454 Moderator
    Hi @phileck

Could you try the troubleshooting suggested in the video below-

Regards, Vikram
  • phileckphileck Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My wifi connection is fine. It seems to me that in trying to remove the charging stations updates TomTom have removed the lot. I can never seem to get onto their chat line. It's actually the poorest backup service I can think of.