Help: Why someone else can access my TomTom account? — TomTom Community

Help: Why someone else can access my TomTom account?

Winston818Winston818 Posts: 41 [Legendary Explorer]
I just found my TomTom account has been shared with someone else, when i login mydrive account, i found my Home Address always be changed very soon, My Place always be deleted and some new addresses have been added to My Place.

This happened in recently within 2 weeks and have happened many times.

I tried to contact the online customer support but always only the ROBOT available.

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,690
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Winston818
    Welcome to the site....
    Do you by any chance have multiple Tomtom devices on the same account ???

You can have up to 10 devices on one MyDrive Connect Account
    Simply use the same Email address & Password when you register the device...
    The MyPlaces & Personal or 3rd party POI Categories will auto sync between the two devices....

BE AWARE... Multiple NAV4 or NAV5 devices using the same Email Address & Password... This configuration can give problems if two or more devices are being used at the same time... For example....
    Markos01 wrote: »
    (Snip) I have a Go 5000 and a Go 6000 – which my parents use – and both are on the same account. Just recently we were both using our devices simultaneously but heading in different directions, and we both had our routes automatically changed by each other's device which I wasn't expecting!
    What's the solution for this: do I have to take one device off the account and create a new account for it? Will it lose the speed camera subscription if I do this? (Snip)

Answer.... Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync a route file, log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with 8 devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the devices, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and five NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620, GO 6200, GO Premier & Rider 550 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above will not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

End

Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    The easy way to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

The official way to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Winston818Winston818 Posts: 41 [Legendary Explorer]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Winston818
    Welcome to the site....
    Do you by any chance have multiple Tomtom devices on the same account ???

You can have up to 10 devices on one MyDrive Connect Account
    Simply use the same Email address & Password when you register the device...
    The MyPlaces & Personal or 3rd party POI Categories will auto sync between the two devices....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

YES i do have multi TomTom GPS using the same account.

But some of them have been sold and i don't think any of the buyers would know my password.

so how can someone else access my account?

• Winston818Winston818 Posts: 41 [Legendary Explorer]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Winston818

If you did not do a factory Restore on the old units you have sold then they will have the account and password details still on them unless s the new owners have done the reset.. So to ensure that issue is resolved I would change the password for my Tomtom account.

Doug

Ops.
    YES it's the point. I thought someone didn't reset the unit and just using it.
    OK now i have to change the password and see how's going.

Thanks.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,338
    Superuser
    Hi @Winston818

Just think where you might have been sending them. 😂😂😂😂😂😱😱😱😱😱

Doug