Creating & updating POIs on a Mac — TomTom Community

Creating & updating POIs on a Mac

For years I have used Tyre To Travel to edit my POIs but I have changed from Windows to a MacBook Pro and Tyre To Travel does not work on a Mac. Does anyone know of a program that can edit ov2 files on a Mac? I know how to get them onto my TomTom Go 6200 once they are created.

Thanks in advance

Alan

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,762
    Superusers
    Hi
    @alan1944
    I use the Free, slightly quirky, but very good ITN Converter
    ITN Converter has a huge number of Map types The Tomtom Routes Map is included, the ITN Converter also Saves/Exports a huge number of route file types

ITN Converter will also export straight to.....
    Tomtom Home...
    Tomtoms MyDrive Route planner
    Tomtom itinerary (.ITN)
    Tomtom POI (.Ov2)

The ITN Converter is quirky because it uses It uses two Windows, one with all the save/export options the other, being the "Editor Window" where you plan your routes
    You use the large green tick to switch between Editor (Planning) and the window with all the save/export options
    Get ITN Converter here...
    http://www.benichou-software.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&itemid=3&lang=en

There is a Tomtom Map...
    4qmj3d8jk79x.jpg

ftljbjbkeifi.jpg
    I also think the ITN Converters ViaMichelin and the Nokia OVI Maps also appear to be a good match to Tomtom Maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • alan1944alan1944 Posts: 59 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Thanks @YamFazMan but it is a poi editor I am looking for not a route planner. Also is not available for the Mac
  • alan1944alan1944 Posts: 59 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I have found a web-based solution which is just what I was looking for.

https://www.poieditor.com/

Alan
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,762
    Superusers
    Hi
    @alan1944
    Glad you're sorted :)
    It slipped my mind the ITN Converter wasn't Browser based... So no good for the Mac....
    The ITN Converter programme does create and save Tomtom POI (.Ov2) Categories....
    I use it all the time....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM