How do I link my new TomTom Go Premium to my account?

Zoeker1
Zoeker1 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
I just bought a TomTom Go Premium and want to link it to the account I already have for my old Via 130. I can't find anything about this in the user manual. I understand that a GO Premium with built-in WiFi no longer needs to be connected to the PC. So my question is how do I proceed now? The GO Premium has not yet been switched on. Which steps in which order should I take ???

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)

Best Answers

• Zoeker1
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Hi Doug, thank you very much for the advice! With your tips, the new GO Premium is now neatly linked in my account.
    Another question that I do not know if I can ask here / on this topic. I have no experience with the forum. My question is: where / to whom can I report that I cannot enter my home address in the new GO? If I want to enter the address, the street name and city name are accepted but not the house number. I can only enter the house number of 3 houses further down the street, but not our own house number. What to do to fix this?

Answers

• Zoeker1
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Hi Doug, thank you very much for the advice! With your tips, the new GO Premium is now neatly linked in my account.
    Another question that I do not know if I can ask here / on this topic. I have no experience with the forum. My question is: where / to whom can I report that I cannot enter my home address in the new GO? If I want to enter the address, the street name and city name are accepted but not the house number. I can only enter the house number of 3 houses further down the street, but not our own house number. What to do to fix this?

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,766
    Superuser
    edited October 2020
    Hi @Zoeker1

Tap Menu/My Places
    There tap on Home Location and then select "Remove Location"
    Then go again to /Menu/My Places and tap on "add home".
    Now do not enter an adress but scroll the map to your Home.
    Tap and hold for 3 seconds on the street near your home. Then a popup appears where you can set your home without having to enter an address.
    genvd4k8muov.jpg
    (sorry for the German screenshot)

• Zoeker1
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited October 2020
    Hi Doug and Lochfrass,
    Thank you both for the directions. Lochfrass tips was the quickest way to enter my exact home address as a location in my GO. So this is fixed !!
    I will keep Doug's tips for later if I have problems with other locations for which the correct address cannot be entered.
    I will also inform TomTom about the problem with the house number via the Mapshare website.
    Thank you both very much! 👍👍

• Zoeker1
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited October 2020
    Hi YFM,
    Thanks for the tip❗️ Will adjust my address a bit.