How do I link my new TomTom Go Premium to my account? — TomTom Community

How do I link my new TomTom Go Premium to my account?

I just bought a TomTom Go Premium and want to link it to the account I already have for my old Via 130. I can't find anything about this in the user manual. I understand that a GO Premium with built-in WiFi no longer needs to be connected to the PC. So my question is how do I proceed now? The GO Premium has not yet been switched on. Which steps in which order should I take ???

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)

Best Answers

• Zoeker1Zoeker1 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited October 12 Accepted Answer
    Hi Doug, thank you very much for the advice! With your tips, the new GO Premium is now neatly linked in my account.
    Another question that I do not know if I can ask here / on this topic. I have no experience with the forum. My question is: where / to whom can I report that I cannot enter my home address in the new GO? If I want to enter the address, the street name and city name are accepted but not the house number. I can only enter the house number of 3 houses further down the street, but not our own house number. What to do to fix this?

Answers

edited October 12 Accepted Answer
    Hi Doug, thank you very much for the advice! With your tips, the new GO Premium is now neatly linked in my account.
    Another question that I do not know if I can ask here / on this topic. I have no experience with the forum. My question is: where / to whom can I report that I cannot enter my home address in the new GO? If I want to enter the address, the street name and city name are accepted but not the house number. I can only enter the house number of 3 houses further down the street, but not our own house number. What to do to fix this?

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,832
    Superusers
    edited October 10
    Hi @Zoeker1

Tap Menu/My Places
    There tap on Home Location and then select "Remove Location"
    Then go again to /Menu/My Places and tap on "add home".
    Now do not enter an adress but scroll the map to your Home.
    Tap and hold for 3 seconds on the street near your home. Then a popup appears where you can set your home without having to enter an address.
    genvd4k8muov.jpg
    (sorry for the German screenshot)

edited October 12
    Hi Doug and Lochfrass,
    Thank you both for the directions. Lochfrass tips was the quickest way to enter my exact home address as a location in my GO. So this is fixed !!
    I will keep Doug's tips for later if I have problems with other locations for which the correct address cannot be entered.
    I will also inform TomTom about the problem with the house number via the Mapshare website.
    Thank you both very much! 👍👍

edited October 12
    Hi YFM,
    Thanks for the tip❗️ Will adjust my address a bit.