Computer does not recognize the watch — TomTom Community

Computer does not recognize the watch

FelipeMendoncaFelipeMendonca Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
Good afternoon! I have TomTom Runner and I used it constantly, but I left it aside because the bracelet had broken. Now I bought a new one and I want to use the watch again, however, when I connect it to the PC, it just starts charging the battery and does not connect to the update program "TomTom Sports Connect". I would like to help! Thank you!

Mod edit: Machine translated from Portuguese!

Best Answers

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,384
    Superusers
    Where did you buy a new one as TT Sports went out of business and discontinued those products almost 3 years ago. Did you buy it used? If you bought it new you made a mistake and should return it.

Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.

Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):

1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
    2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
    3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
    4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
    5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
    6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
    7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
    8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
    9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
    10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?
  • FelipeMendoncaFelipeMendonca Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    edited October 8
    Thanks for the reply and let's go by parts: It was just the bracelet that broke, so I bought another one; There is no damage to the battery pins, but the watch receiver appears to have some damage. BUT, when I connect it to the computer via the cable, a battery charging symbol appears, so I don't know if there could be a problem with that; The software is running, the icon appears in the bottom bar of the PC; I installed SPORTS CONNECT; I tried to install it on a different machine, but it didn't work. I await your reply, thank you!

edited October 9
    Understand... That must be the problem! But, as it is so old and, unfortunately, due to my carelessness, the clock is almost without the receivers ... Is there any way to fix it? Is there a "metallic sticker" to stick in place of the watch's receivers?

Obrigado!