Subscription expired but payment not due till tomorrow — TomTom Community

Subscription expired but payment not due till tomorrow

jmt432pjmt432p Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
My satnav stopped updating live camera updates today, the satnav told me that the subscription had expired but according to the TomTom website, my subscription is active and the next payment isn't due till tomorrow.
Why would this happen? As a professional driver, i need to have the camera service so how can i be sure that the system will be fully active first thing tomorrow?
Will i be better off canceling the current subscription and resubscribing or waiting till tomorrow?
Thanks

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,690
    Superusers
    edited October 6
    Hi
    @jmt432p
    Welcome to the site....
    As far as I recall there is a period of grace at the end of a subscription, to cover a subscription running out during say National Holidays or Weekends etc... ???
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up, but it may now be Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • jmt432pjmt432p Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thank you for the reply, the payment has always gone out on the 6th of every month and i normally get warning that the subscription is almost expired before the payment is due but this is the first time that the subscription has actually "expired" on the tomtom (even though the website is saying the subscription is still active.
  • jmt432pjmt432p Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    the scheduled payment went through and the satnav speed cameras is now set to active so its all up and running again which is great but it doesn't explain why the service expired before the regular payment was due?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,428 Moderator
    Hi @jmt432p

The previous subscription ended on the 5th of September and the recurring one has started on the 6th of September.
    Speed camera updates are rolled out twice a week. Tuesday and Thursday.
    As you have subscribed to a recurring service, I don't think the updates have stopped.

Regards, Vikram