Traffic not working

Comments

• loekf
    loekf Registered Users Posts: 64
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Jürgen wrote: »
    The 2.6 build we're currently working in should fix this but in the meantime this is perhaps indeed a workaround:
    iOS Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Voice & Data - select 3G.

Can you shed some light on what's the root cause ? Also when is 2.6 going to be released ?
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,412
    Community Manager
    It is my understanding that this is related to IPv6. Naturally we want to bring out a fix to this as soon as possible but I can't give a time frame.
  • GigaWight
    GigaWight Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi,

Just to add to the pool. I'm in the UK on iPhone 8, TomTom Go on Three with no IPv6 connectivity showing and no traffic (crossed out grey icon). Let me know if you'd like any further info.

Thanks, Matt
  • Squuiid
    Squuiid Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yet another Three mobile user with Traffic not working.
    When is this update coming TomTom?!?
  • lesnouvelles
    lesnouvelles Registered Users Posts: 0
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello
    I have an iphone 11 pro with swisscom and sunrise as network operator and latest ios. They are both normal mobile subscription - not prepaid. Network is 3G and 4G and tried reset network settings.

Traffic data update and updating map via swisscom and sunrise mobile provider doesn't work. I deleted app and loaded again, doesn't work.

Can you please help me

Thank you
  • KAS54
    KAS54 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Haven't read all the comments here so apologies if this has already been said. I'm using the TomTom Go app on iPhone. Traffic seems to work fine on Wifi and 3G. But doesn't work on 4G. So if I want to use the app, I have to switch to 3G!
    Anyone else seen a similar thing?
    And - Are TomTom doing anything about it?
  • KAS54
    KAS54 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @yor_dan_un20

Thank you

It is interesting that you are using 3 as they have come up before where this issue is occurring. It is also helpful that you say it works with 3g. I will refer this to someone in TT and hopefully they will come back here.

Doug

I have exactly the same. Using 3 Network on an iPhone 6s. Traffic works on Wifi and 3G - does not work on 4G
  • LarryM2619
    LarryM2619 Registered Users Posts: 10
    Master Explorer
    It is my understanding that this is related to IPv6. Naturally we want to bring out a fix to this as soon as possible but I can't give a time frame.
    Hello, now more than six months since this issue started. What is the update on resolution?

By the way setting to 3G does not work on iPhone 12s. Even if it was possible, why should we do this retrograde step? This is a really bad situation TomTom.
  • loekf
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Still not fixed in 2.6
  • ACamsell
    ACamsell Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    This issue is becoming a joke. Apps should be network agnostic. The TomTom app and the traffic service are fantastic but having to switch my phone to 3G to use it just because I'm using the Three network is not what you expect for one of the global leaders in SatNav tech. The 2.6 update hasn't resolved this issue and I have reset, reinstalled, logged-out, logged-in and even tried not to look at the app in a funny way in case it's shy. Literally every other app on my phone works with 4G so whatever the problem is, it's isolated to TomTom and it needs resolving as this has been going on for the best part of a year now and it is unacceptable.
  • ian.mcguire_un27
    ian.mcguire_un27 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Well… it looks like I’ve got the issue as well now. Twice in 3 days I’ve driven merrily into full road closures in London with TomTom completely oblivious to the issue. Switch over to Waze and 67 minute delays, lovely!

Having read through the comments there doesn’t appear to be an answer, maybe some talk of using a VPN.

Given I drive approx 1000 miles per week this gives me zero confidence in TomTom.
  • Preposterone
    Preposterone Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited May 2021
    IPhone XR running Tom Tom Go 2.6 in Australia. This is painful. Have used TT for years without issue now I can’t get Traffic to work (reliably for 2 months) no matter how much scrolling and testing of theories is done. I would like a refund for my subscription and the time wasted sitting in traffic I didn’t need to be in.

What are other people using?
  • loekf
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    I see there is now 2.6.1, will test asap

I think it is related to IPv4 and IPv6. My provider offers IPv6 here in the Netherlands. When I enable VPN, its v4 only and then traffic works.

It is kind of strange, because when on WIFI traffic works and also there I have IPv6.

TT still has explain what is going on here. Sounds like a weird DNS problem.
  • ian.mcguire_un27
    Neophyte Traveler
    2.6.1 doesn’t seem to have sorted the issue for me. Force the phone to work on 3G all seems to be ok, switch the 4G back on and off it goes.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Sorry, there is still no fix for this in this latest build.
  • ian.mcguire_un27
    Neophyte Traveler
    Sorry, there is still no fix for this in this latest build.

Fortunately my subscription expires in 10 days time.
  • Jem5100
    Jem5100 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    Traffic has only worked for me after I installed a VPN app but I’ve got no idea why or how this would work. Anyone got an explanation?
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Jem5100 wrote: »
    Traffic has only worked for me after I installed a VPN app but I’ve got no idea why or how this would work. Anyone got an explanation?
    VPN is probably not using IPv6 and therefore works.

Unfortunately a fix didn't make it into the 2.6 build and shifted into 2.7.
  • GregF
    GregF Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited June 2021
    I am 20 days into the 30 day trial of the App on IOS. The traffic service is not working - as described above by many. Why would I subscribe when a key element of the product does not work and appears to have not worked for 6 months. Was promised to be fixed in 2.6 and is now on the list for 2.7 and no ETA for 2.7? When will this be fixed? I have used TomTom devices for years and other brands in rental cars. TomTom was always on top. But now? How do I redo my trials once it is fixed?
    I can make it work by using my wifi only iPad. Turn on Hot Spot on phone, connect iPad to phone - it works. So as above, works via Wifi - even when that wifi is via the phone that it can not work on…
  • jeremy8926
    jeremy8926 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Can add that with Telstra network in Australia - same issue. Live Traffic works fine while on wifi. Leave the house and after 5-10 minutes get icon with the 2 cars and a cross. Latest version of iOS and TTGo. Have tried all recommendations in this forum and no change. So I guess the question is - does the issue lie with TomTom, or cellular provider!? Would love to get it sorted as I am paying for something I cannot use. Traffic not much use if I have to stay within contact of my home wifi network!
  • Munchkin4069
    Munchkin4069 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Have the same issue. Not on WiFi? No traffic. I have an iPhone MaxXS on the Three Network with a rolling contract in the UK. I have paid a subscription for the traffic and completely wasted my money. I can use the app without the traffic for free. Will We all be getting a refund?
  • amccammo_un22
    amccammo_un22 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Traveler
    I'm with Telstra in Australia. Same issue - no live traffic. Matter of fact, it has never worked since I paid for the subscription. (occasionally it works in the country areas where there are only 3G towers). I've tried using a VPN as mentioned above, but this did not work for me. Probably wont renew the subscription if this is not fixed. No option to select 3G on my iPhone as others have suggested and why would you? Why slow everything else down just so you can use a navigation app.

Not holding my breath for a fix.
  • Intranets
    Intranets Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    Mine has not worked for 6 month’s.
    What a waste of money
  • GregF
    GregF Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    So, another month down the track and no resolution. Why do TomTom not see traffic services not working on iPhones as a priority? One of the most useful features after actual directions and on one of the most popular phones in the world... When will this be fixed?
    Also Telstra in Australia.
  • Squuiid
    Squuiid Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    It is pathetic that this issue is STILL ongoing. It’s as if they really don’t care about their customers.
    As soon as my sub expires I won’t be renewing.
This discussion has been closed.