Traffic not working

Comments

• yor_dan_un20
    yor_dan_un20 Registered Users Posts: 12
    Master Explorer
    I don't mind doing it.

Yordan
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Would any of you be willing to temporarily install an alpha version of the app in order to send us log files?
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,486
    Community Manager
    @yor_dan_un20
    I would hold off from a factory reset at this point.

Have you seen my post here? https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1731868/#Comment_1731868
  • yor_dan_un20
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2020
    I have done it.

It didn't work.

Yes, I have. I don't mid if I tried.
    @yor_dan_un20
    I would hold off from a factory reset at this point.

Have you seen my post here? https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1731868/#Comment_1731868

• yor_dan_un20
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2020
    Right then!

I've tried a foreign sim in my phone. And guess what it worked on every single network including on three.

Back with my own sim with wifi off and the mast right on top of my head. It seems to load traffic but would not show speed cams. I think if I started driving it would stop as soon as I connect to a different mast.

edit: the traffic stops when, I think, the app requests for update.
  • AnnaK
    AnnaK Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    It’s works on 3G but not on 4G.
    Switching back and forward makes the traffic and cams appear and disappear.

On 4G it seems to be connected but not pulling data and doesn’t show delays and cams on the route bar.

It’s just fine on WiFi.

Hi @yor_dan_un20,
    where are you located when this is happening? Are you able to browse the internet while on 4G and in TT GO traffic disappears? I am just thinking if this is not the matter of network coverage in this location?
  • yor_dan_un20
    Master Explorer
    Right then.

I'm in Kent, UK. The 4G works just fine it is just the live updates don't work on 4G.

Funny enough AMIGO works on 4G.

Three are sending me a replacement sim too.

AnnaK wrote: »
    It’s works on 3G but not on 4G.
    Switching back and forward makes the traffic and cams appear and disappear.

On 4G it seems to be connected but not pulling data and doesn’t show delays and cams on the route bar.

It’s just fine on WiFi.

Hi @yor_dan_un20,
    where are you located when this is happening? Are you able to browse the internet while on 4G and in TT GO traffic disappears? I am just thinking if this is not the matter of network coverage in this location?

• yor_dan_un20
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2020
    Right Then.

Can anyone with the traffic issues disable mydrive in tomtom services and let us know if it helped?

Edit: It only worked for a bit…..oh well!
  • 1210Kev
    1210Kev Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    After much fiddling about I can now say that traffic and MyDrive are now working on my iPhone X iOS 14.2 (beta). I have found that in my situation if I turn off 4G then traffic and MyDrive work absolutely fine on 3G (also WiFi seems to work, but not practical for driving around the country for obvious reasons). I have done this for the last week driving approx 200 miles a day round most of the south east of England and London. I am on the Three network U.K. (which seems be be what most people are on with this problem). I get all other data on 4G on my phone, it only seems to be Tomtom that has difficulty. Please can someone at Tomtom look into this and also make Three aware and Apple. I hope this helps.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,114
    Superuser
    Hi @1210Kev

Useful information re your Iphone X and 3 that I am sure @Jürgen or @lampard will pass on in the meantime pleased you have found a solution to your problem.

Doug
  • yor_dan_un20
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2020
    1210Kev wrote: »
    After much fiddling about I can now say that traffic and MyDrive are now working on my iPhone X iOS 14.2 (beta). I have found that in my situation if I turn off 4G then traffic and MyDrive work absolutely fine on 3G (also WiFi seems to work, but not practical for driving around the country for obvious reasons). I have done this for the last week driving approx 200 miles a day round most of the south east of England and London. I am on the Three network U.K. (which seems be be what most people are on with this problem). I get all other data on 4G on my phone, it only seems to be Tomtom that has difficulty. Please can someone at Tomtom look into this and also make Three aware and Apple. I hope this helps.

I'm downloading iOS 14.2 now. I have 11pro on Three. I will report back as soon as I have confirmed whether it worked.

Yordan
  • yor_dan_un20
    Master Explorer
    Right Then.

I tried my sim in a iPhone 8 and it worked.

I tried a foreign sim in my phone with 3UK chosen as a roaming network and it worked.

I am not sure whether it is Three or Apple?

Yordan
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Hi Yordan,

Thanks a lot for the logs! I forwarded them last week and hopefully these can shed light into this issue.

Thanks,
    Jürgen
  • yor_dan_un20
    Master Explorer
    Hi Yordan,

Thanks a lot for the logs! I forwarded them last week and hopefully these can shed light into this issue.

Thanks,
    Jürgen

Right then.

I’m no longer with three, I’m now with EE.

It seems to be working now. I’ve got an airport run tomorrow. I’ll have a chance to test it properly and might as well run the Alfa as I know the route and it’s early in the morning.

I sent you a log today using EE as a provider.

Yordan

• Boschuk1
    Boschuk1 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Same problems as above using
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Latest phone software latest app software
    Uk three network
    As soon as I leave Wi-fi Agra I lose traffic and when on 4g as soon as set off on drive it loses traffic for the rest of the journey,
    Was all working fine of over a year until recent update with either phone software of app software,
  • loekf
    loekf Registered Users Posts: 64
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Let me also jump into this discussion.

I am running iOS 14.2.1 latest version. Also, since iOS14 traffic and MyDrive are not working on cellular data. WIFI is fine.

I am using dual SIM:

- When both SIMs are active, default data set to KPN. No connection.
    - When one SIM is active, e.g. Vodafone. No connection.

KPN is a physical SIM, Vodafone is an eSIM.

I can not believe this bug is going on since September, when iOS14 was introduced !!

As far as I can remember it did not work on my old XS either. I now have an iPhone 12 Pro.

What is happening Tomtom ??

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,114
    Superuser
    edited November 2020
    Hi @loekf

This topic is related to the iPhone GO Navigation App. I have IOS14.2 and have no issue running the App with traffic etc.

Doug
  • loekf
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    I see the same pattern as others reported here:

MyDrive disabled under Tomtom services: traffic works fine
    MyDrive enabled: Mydrive works few minutes, then both MyDrive and traffic fail

I am running iOS 14.2.

@DougLap: not sure why you dont have issues.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Hi Loek,

this issue is limited to a very small number of users which makes it hard for us to find a pattern. I have the sync with MyDrive enabled all the time and cannot reproduce the issue. But I'll forward the info you gave us here to the team. Thanks!

Regards,
    Jürgen
  • Markyj06
    Markyj06 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi

I’ve been having same problem

iPhone X, three sim, unlimited data, UK User. Have tried all things mentioned. Works for 5 mins then stops. If I go to TomTom setting from apple setting turn off mobile data then back on it works again for 5 mins. When it updates it stops

Mark
  • sjorge
    sjorge Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    I am also having issues and it seems to be related to DNS requests.

Work is blocking dns to anywhere aside from there own servers. And once I launch TomTom it seems to try to connect to a bunch of public dns servers like 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8,...

IT temporarily allowed them for my phone and traffic worked on Corp WiFi and via mobile data + VPN. Once they blocked it again, it stopped working.

(They are not blocking actually DNS request, so if the requests go to the system resolver it should work)

I’m guessing TomTom is doing some fancy detection somehow using DNS. Perhaps people having issues are on providers that also forced the use of their one DNs server.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Thank you @sjorge for your input which I forwarded to the team.
  • loekf
    Sovereign Trailblazer

Wow.. we are on to something.

When I turn off WIFI (at home)
    after 5 mins traffic and MyDrive are gone
    But... when turn on VPN to e.g. a server in Germany they work again

So indeed could be it is provider and its network infra related.

For me, both KPN and Vodafone NL have issues.
  • loekf
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Update:

For each test, start TomTom again. Do not change cellular data when it's running.

KPN: traffic and MyDrive not ok
    KPN + VPN: traffic and MyDrive ok
    Vodafone NL: traffic OK ? MyDrive not ok
    Vodafone NL + VPN: traffic OK, Mydrive still not OK. When I turn on WIFI, Mydrive re-appears again

Conclusion: there's something funny with KPN for sure. I can't change the DNS settings in iOS. I'm using the standard APN. Didn't try switching to an older APN.
  • loekf
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Addition: I can't get traffic to fail on KPN this morning.

But when I turn on VPN on KPN: Mycloud is back.
  • loekf
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    And traffic is gone when I disable VPN again... so what's going on TomTom ?
This discussion has been closed.