Traffic not working

14567810»

Comments

• geta
    geta Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Another iPhone Australia/Telstra customer that wont connect with traffic, or rarely even the mycloud either. It been like this for almost a year now. I used to be so impressed with the app, but wont resubscribe when the current 12 months is up. Tried uninstalling/resetting network stats/restarting phone/signing out & in etc, noting works.
  • Shawnloveshorses_161
    Shawnloveshorses_161 Registered Users Posts: 241
    Renowned Trailblazer
    @geta It seems that your provider may also be a defect of this issue, can you try a different sim or connect using different wifi?

Does it work when you are at home ?
  • geta
    Apprentice Traveler
    It works through my wifi network at home, yes. I dont have another SIM from another provider I can try unfortunately.
  • Richard Eadie
    Richard Eadie Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Explorer
    Another user in exactly the same position as everyone else here…traffic works on WiFi, but not on 4G/5G and have no option to try 3G only. Agree with other users that TomTom needs to sort this out, not advertise traffic until they have, and realise that they will lose all their custom to Google/Apple Maps. I’ve got stuck in traffic several times now when assuming that traffic is on when it’s not (& CarPlay doesn’t show an icon to show the status either which is frustrating).
    iPhone 12, 3 network, uk, tried resetting network settings, logging in and out and everything else - ONLY works on WiFi which is not much good on the road!
  • CraigS
    CraigS Registered Users Posts: 11
    Legendary Explorer
    Tested today, 2 one-hour journeys and it seems to be working on 2.8.1 using ThreeUK!
  • geta
    Apprentice Traveler
    @geta It seems that your provider may also be a defect of this issue, can you try a different sim or connect using different wifi?

Had a chance to try another SIM, and no good. At this point it doesn’t even seem to work when the phone is set to 3G

• Shawnloveshorses_161
    Shawnloveshorses_161 Registered Users Posts: 241
    Renowned Trailblazer
    geta wrote: »

Had a chance to try another SIM, and no good. At this point it doesn’t even seem to work when the phone is set to 3G

I see, well there was a new app update a day ago, try going to the App Store to update the app. Also make sure to update your maps.

Others have mentioend that fixed it.

Thanks,

Shawn
  • Richard Eadie
    Richard Eadie Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Explorer
    Another user in exactly the same position as everyone else here…traffic works on WiFi, but not on 4G/5G and have no option to try 3G only. Agree with other users that TomTom needs to sort this out, not advertise traffic until they have, and realise that they will lose all their custom to Google/Apple Maps. I’ve got stuck in traffic several times now when assuming that traffic is on when it’s not (& CarPlay doesn’t show an icon to show the status either which is frustrating).
    iPhone 12, 3 network, uk, tried resetting network settings, logging in and out and everything else - ONLY works on WiFi which is not much good on the road!

Update - this now works every time for me following the 2.8.1 App update 😀.
  • GregF
    GregF Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    So can someone from TomTom confirm they fixed it? If so, how can I restart my trial? Not keen to buy a subscription without trialing the product actually working.
  • ColinLa
    ColinLa Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    I can also confirm that since updating to v2.8.1 - live traffic now works on iPhone7 iOS 14.4 using Telstra 4G in Australia
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 6,853
    Community Manager
    edited November 2021
    We’ve added fixes for traffic issues with 2.8.1 and we are getting feedback from users that these fixes helped.

@geta
    Please make sure you have traffic enabled and retest it:
    Menu > TomTom Services > Traffic & Speed Cameras

If you still see the same report, please open a new thread!
This discussion has been closed.