voices — TomTom Community

voices

themarina8_un19themarina8_un19 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
i bought a used tomtom 500 the seller has removed the voices and just left a polish one on. did a reset thinking that the oe factory voices would return thry did not. i registered the tomtom to my account and downloaded the english voices i needed i notice thoughi cant download all the voices that this model has. i hav e 2 others of the same model 500 in 2 other cars and they have many voices is there a way i can restore them thankyou

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,486 Moderator
    Hi @themarina8_un19

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • RickReistRickReist Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Hello I purchased a new TomTom because the old one wouldn't update anymore, but i want to keep my voices from my old tomtom is this possible?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,428
    Superuser
    Hi @RickReist

Some of the old voices are not compatible with the new devices. Can you confirm what current model you have and what voices you are interested in.

With that information @VikramK or @lampard can add any that are compatible to your account so you can add them.

Doug
    Hello
    I have the Start 52 and I would love the "Old Hungarian Woman" and the "God" voices
    Hi Doug,
    It actually is the TomTom VIA 1525
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,486 Moderator
    :( unfortunately, both the above voices are not compatible with your START 52 device.

Regards, Vikram
    That's awful, I've used these for 10 years and the voices that are available are not interesting at all.
    Is there a device that is compatible with these voices? I will return this device