XL2 updated GPS fix OK, then added a voice and operating system is corrupted — TomTom Community

XL2 updated GPS fix OK, then added a voice and operating system is corrupted

LiamtomtomLiamtomtom Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have tried three versions of TomTom Connect, TomTom Home and TomTomHome but none will restore the original settings. I have made a copy of the Europe Map and am not looking for any freebie - just the factory set-up will be fine. I have resorted to re-formatting the device and still not recognising that it is empty.

Answers

• LiamtomtomLiamtomtom Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    rider1rider, thank you for the links. I have tried this on a mac and have now gone to a windows pc to see if it formats the internal memory stick differently. Running TomTom HOME 2.20.15.132, the app sometimes does/sometimes doesn't recognise the XL2.
    Background is that I bought it from a junk shop, it had the correct map but was confused on my drive home. I updated the GPS fix and the OS and even some comedy voices (perhaps they were corrupted?) It seemed to work ok but crashed when I tried amending the official voices.
  • LiamtomtomLiamtomtom Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Can anyone confirm the exact format type for erasing the internal memory please? Is it best done on a windows or mac?