Can you start the navigation in the Tom Tom Drive application? — TomTom Community

Can you start the navigation in the Tom Tom Drive application?

MontañesMontañes Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have the Tom Tom Drive application installed on my iPhone.
From my computer I planned a route through Tom Tom Drive, and immediately it appeared in the app of my mobile.
But I can't get the journey to start. The question is:
1.-The Tom Tom Drive of the Mobile does not?
2.-Is there any vuetra app that can do it even if it is paid?
Thank you.

Comments

• MontañesMontañes Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited October 1
    How do you answer through this chat or by email. in this second case my email is [email protected]
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,409
    Superuser
    edited October 1
    Hi @Montañes

This is a Customer Based Forum where users seek to help one another.

The Tomtom My Drive Website and the Tomtom My Drive App enable users to create routes and save them to their account. They can then Sync their routes to their PND (Personal Navigation Device). They can also send destinations , including Stops if needed to their PND units. My Drive also saves the favourites on the users PND unit.

The My Drive App is not a Navigation App but an aid to the users of PND units. However Tomtom also have a Mobile Navigation App IE Tomtom Go which you can use on your Phone just like a PND unit. with the option to download maps from all around the world and create routes in it. At the moment the ability to create routes etc in MyDrive and transfer them to the Tomtom Go Navigation App is not available but is being worked on and will hopefully be added to the App in the near future.

Doug
    The IE Tomtom Go application is similar to Tom Tom Navigation if it costs, I have entered Apple's App Store and I do not see it
  • kieronkieron Posts: 418
    Superusers
    Hi - the TomTom Go Navigation app on the Apple store requires iOS 12.0 or later installed on your iPhone.
    Hello
    I downloaded the TomTom Go Navigation App on my iPhone and I see that the routes that I have in the Tom Tom Drive in the cloud do not appear. Is it correct or does the App not contemplate it?
    Superuser
    Hi @Montañes

The Tomtom IOS Navigation Apps have never been able to receive Destinations or Routes with Stops from My Drive nor have they a My Routes folder which accepts the Saved Routes in My Drive.

Tomtom have stated that they are working on the current issue whereby the Maps in My Drive are not compatible with those in the Current Navigation Apps which are NDS maps. When they have resolve this issue then they are hoping to enable the TT Nav IOS App to work with the My Drive App as the PND units do at the moment and the Previous Android Nav App could as well.

Doug
    Good morning, To close the topic:
    1.- I understand the TomTom Go Navitation application does not currently have the possibility to pass my Tom Tom Drive Routes, please answer Yes or No?
    2.- It is possible that later on they will have it solved with what if I pay the 13 eur. annual subscription in 12 months you can have it installed, please answer yes or no
    3.- Does it currently work on mobiles with the Android operating system? Please yes or no?

Thank you very much for your help
    Superuser
    Hi @Montañes

This is a user forum which is overseen by a handful of Tomtom people. Historically Tomtom have not usually given much in the way of pre notice with definitive dates for when new devices or features will be released.. As a user like you I would answer your questions as follows based on the limited information they have given so far..

1 Yes
    2 See my above Post October 2nd
    3 No. It does not work on the latest Android App. Anyone who has the old version of the App, which is no longer available in Google Play, does have the facility but it will not be updated for options such as Android Auto which they have advised is being worked on for the current version.. Also see my above post.

Doug
    Thank you very much and I look forward to the update to subscribe to the TomTom Navigation Go service.