TomTom golfer does not sync anymore; no support from TT — TomTom Community

TomTom golfer does not sync anymore; no support from TT

Claasse4Claasse4 Posts: 15 [Master Explorer]
Since about 1 year the watch does not sync anymore (last sync April 2019). TT suggested watch in error (and replace) but close friend had exactly the same error (and now bought an S60)
Tagged:

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    You should try to reset the connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

TT Sports went out of business almost 3 years ago and those watches are discontinued but there is still support by chat and email using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,708
    Community Manager
    @Claasse4
    Your last connection to our servers was using the Sports Connect desktop app. The desktop app cannot upload rounds to the cloud. Have you tried using the Sports mobile app on your phone at all?
  • Claasse4Claasse4 Posts: 15 [Master Explorer]
    @tfarabaugh: remember to have been doing this before but cannot locate the watch on Win10 anymore (hear ping and see battery chraging but that's it :-(

@Jürgen: I'am using the Sports app (as well) but that only reads cloud info and cannot upload to cloud???
    Community Manager
    @Claasse4
    Can you try an connect using the mobile app? The back-end still states 'v3.3.9' for today's connection which is the desktop app. Just to see if it connects at all. Is the app downloading updates to recent courses?
    @Jürgen: watch is still updating courses (resulting from tfarabaugh's suggestion). Will try thereafter (may take an hour ..)
    Community Manager
    If courses are updated through the app then the connectivity works fine.

In this case you can best check on https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/activities/ if your rounds are uploaded to the cloud in the first place.
    • Rounds have stopped uploading:
      There is a defective activity file stuck on the watch preventing newer files from uploading. The only way to clear this is a factory reset in the settings of the Sports Connect desktop app.
      Note: You need to make your smartphone forget the watch in its Bluetooth settings before you can pair again.
    • Rounds aren't downloaded from the cloud by the app:
      We've seen something similar in the past where for a certain period activity files (rounds in your cases) weren't showing in the app. I could reproduce this for cycling files in the past but that was fixed. In this case it weren't the latest though, they were shown.
    @Jürgen: Just reconnected (and logged-in) through the app. Can uou check?
    @Jürgen: By the way: you mean update to courses or my scores (the latter stopped April '19). New scores are not uploaded to the app (also desktop which normally syncs when connected). I now have to factory reset every 8 scores (otherwise it nolonger records). GPS is always functioning though ...
    @Jürgen: Quick GPS functioning OK ...
    Community Manager
    I still see the desktop app for the last connection. Only the mobile app can upload rounds for the Golfer.

If there is a defective activity file on the watch it will prevent newer files from uploading. But that factory reset you mention should clear that file from the watch and after that the upload should work, only with the mobile app though.
    Android-app syncs Quick-GPS, Course-updates, Cloud-profile but not scores. As scores also don't sync via computer the watch-firmware must be the issue (latest issue coinsides with failed syncs). Anyway to test / work this issue?
    @Jürgen: Created a dummy score on the watch but that does not show-up in the app (and thus not in the cloud). After syncing it mentiones: up-to-date. Any idea?
    Community Manager
    I'm a bit clueless here. If there is a defective activity file stuck on the watch preventing newer files from uploading, a factory reset in the settings of the Sports Connect desktop app fixes this. I'd just give that reset another try.

You will need to download golf courses again which takes more than an hour for Golfer1.

After the reset you need to make your smartphone forget the watch in its Bluetooth settings before you can pair again.
    I'll try it (again) but do you know a way to look in the watch (I have BT connected on the computer but no program to interrogate it). I have no trouble with programming but have no clue what's in the watch ....
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    Claasse4 wrote: »
    I'll try it (again) but do you know a way to look in the watch (I have BT connected on the computer but no program to interrogate it). I have no trouble with programming but have no clue what's in the watch ....

As Jurgen stated previously, you need to plug the watch into your computer using the provided docking cable with the Sports Connect software running,. This will sync anything on the device as well as allow you to do the factory rest theta he indicated was the next step. You can also see the watch mounted as a hard drive. You cannot reset or do anything from a firmware standpoint from the app.
    @Jürgen & @tfarabaugh: I did the factory reset (about 4th time) but with the same result :-(.

@tfarabaugh: I do NOT see the watch as a hard drive on the computer ...? Tried all kinds of disk-formatting tools; where should I find it?

The sync between app and cloud are OK but the watch refrains from uploading scores. Does any of you know the date when the new firmware was released??
    Found: Release date: 02-Nov-16 Version: 1.0.25 This applies to: Golfer We have improved Android 6.0 compatibility.

As the watch worked great till April 2019 the firmware cannot be the problem. Just tried Win10 comp. mode (Win8) but no diff till now.

Could it be the Sports-app (don't know when I switched from the Golfer-app)??
    Proceeding from above conclusion I just tried installing the app on an iPhone and wonder: it synced 1 of the new scores (though not the second one). Does this help :-)?
    And now also the second score; third not yet visible so somewhere in delay ...
    Hi @Jürgen & @tfarabaugh : any idea why it works on Apple and not on Samsung :-)?
    Community Manager
    No idea at all, it doesn't make sense to me. The beck-end indeed now shows that you connected using the iOS app today.

Is the latest one listed on https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/activities/ ?
    @Jürgen: Indeed; those were uploaded form the iPhone-app. Wonder: should not both apps be from the same source-code (translated to either iOS oe Android)? Maybe something went wrong during compilation ... Would appreciate a new update ...