TomTom not updating my MapMyRun app — TomTom Community

TomTom not updating my MapMyRun app

PaddyDPaddyD Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited November 2020 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I have had a TomTom runner watch for several years. Recently the TomTom app has stopped exporting my activity information to my MapMyRun app. I’ve contacted Undef Armour support and they say it’s a TomTom problem. My watch software is up to date and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps to no avail. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,573
    Superusers
    It may be the link is broken but if it not, when you reset the link you need to delete it from both TT and MMR. Delete the MMR link under Connected Apps then go into MMR and click your name in the top right corner, selecting Settings. Once in the Settings menu, go to Connect and in the top right, select Manage Applications and revoke access for TomTom. Now go back into TomTom Sports and add MMR as a connected app. You will be prompted for your MMR login credentials which will reset up the link. This should reset all the upload settings and get your activities back to MMR.
  • PaddyDPaddyD Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks but unfortunately it didn’t work.
  • DazzyboyDazzyboy Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have similar problem.
    There is not a link for Mapmyrun. I think if Tomtom replaced the missing link this would be sorted.
    I have tried to communicate with Tomtom to no avail.
    Superusers
    Dazzyboy wrote: »
    I have similar problem.
    There is not a link for Mapmyrun. I think if Tomtom replaced the missing link this would be sorted.
    I have tried to communicate with Tomtom to no avail.

Use the MapMyFitness one, that links to all MapMy sites.
  • AlanBasAlanBas Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    I'm in the same boat.
    For a couple of months now (since 27 August 2020 actually) when I connect my Multisport GPS watch to my Windows computer it tells me it can't upload the files and to try again later. When I look at the settings it says (as at 02 November) I have 26 activities waiting to upload to Tom Tom Sports. When I press the "Try Again" button they still dont transmit. (I can see the files located in the appropriate folder of my computer)

Now the strange thing here is that I can manually log into Sports Connect and the activities are actually there BUT (and there's always a "but") they wont transfer to the Map My Fitness site. The Sports Connect site also says "an activity export has failed, please re-enter your login details or check again later". This message is directly related to the Map My Fitness export as it appears it doesn't want to log into the site (which it has done for the last year or so)

I have tried the following:
    1. Logged into Sports connect before connecting the watch
    2. Logged into Map my Fitness and ensured Sports Connect is connected to this site...before connecting the watch
    3. Deleted the link to the Map My Fitness site
    4. Deleteing and re-installing the Sports Connect App
    5. Changing the default browser from Chrome to Edge to internet explorer to Opera

I am stuck. I know people have had this problem in the past but I have tried all those suggestions and nothing seems to work. Yes, I can manually transfer the files but then why do I have an app that is supposed to do it for me. I may as well just write it on a piece of paper and use a quill and ink:-)

Hopefully someone has some helpful suggestions.
    Superusers
    You can need to remove the TomTom link in MMF. It looks like it can only be done in the mobile app under Settings> Apps & Devices. Now go back into TomTom Sports and add MMF as a connected app. You should be prompted for your MMF login credentials which will reset up the link. This should reset all the upload settings and get your activities back to MMF. However, Under Armour just announced they sold MapMyFitness and are shutting down Endomondo, so the issue may be on their end.
  • AlanBasAlanBas Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Thanks, I have tried removing the Tom Tom link in MMF using my computer, the mobile app on both my tablet and my phone but it doesn't work. On the computer the link is there and I can click on "Revoke access" and it asks to verify but it doesn't do anything. With the mobile app Tom Tom isn't even mentioned anywhere as being connected so I can't be removed.