Clean Re-installation of MyDrive Connect
- Close MyDrive Connect completely.
- Make sure there are no TomTom related processes running in task manager. (The Task Manager can be found by pressing the keys Ctrl+Alt+Del and then selecting Task Manager)
- Uninstall MyDrive Connect via the Control Panel
- Go to Start and then My Computer/Computer/This PC
- Delete the MyDrive Connect folder from C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86)
- Check each username profile (marked as <username> here) and make sure the TomTom folders are deleted from the following locations:
- Press the Windows Key + R to open the run window.
- Type in %temp% then press OK. Delete as many files from this location as possible. Some files can not be deleted. This is normal.
- Restart the computer & download MyDrive Connect.
- Go to the download folder, right-click on the file MyDriveConnect.exe and press run as administrator.
- Right-Click the MyDrive Connect in the Dock then choose Quit to close it. (If you’re using a track-pad, hold your finger until you get a pop-up.if you cannot see it on the menu, press the Alt/option on the keyboard [Latest Macs use ‘option’ again rather than ‘alt’])
- Uninstall MyDrive Connect> In the Finder menu, click Go and then Applications >Drag MyDrive Connect to the trash.
- Alternatively, select MyDrive Connect and then, in the Finder menu, click File and Move to Trash.
- Delete MyDrive Connect folder/files from the Library. Go to Finder. In the top Apple menu, click GO >Click on Library (if you cannot see it on the menu, press Alt/Option on the keyboard).
- Go to Application Support and delete the MyDrive Connect folder/file.
- Now go back to the Library, go to the Caches folder and delete the MyDrive Connect folder/file here as well. Empty the trash.
- Go to Installing MyDrive Connect> Select Mac OS X> Double click on the file MyDriveConnect.dmg in the Downloads folder> You will see a picture of a computer and an unpacked box. Double click the box.
- Follow the installation wizard.