Celebrity Voice compatibility — TomTom Community

Celebrity Voice compatibility

Is the John Cleese celebrity voice compatible with my newly purchased Tom Tom Go Premium X as I have read that I can only use computer voices on this device. If I can use it how do I install it from my previous Go model.
Many Thanks

Best Answers

• themadscotsmanthemadscotsman Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    OK, Thanks Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Doug and VikramK. Thank You both for your input

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,428
    Superuser
    edited September 29
    Hi @themadscotsman

If John Cleese is compatible with your a premium then @VikramK will add it to your account tomorrow so you can download it to the unit.

Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    OK, Thanks Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Doug and VikramK. Thank You both for your input
  • ScallywagbertScallywagbert Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I am really upset. I bought the go basic to replace my old Tom Tom Go (when they stopped supporting it) on which I had purchased voices like Mr Burns from the simpsons. Only to find all my voices gone and this device doesn’t support extra voices. It didn’t say that anywhere on the website when I purchased it and I can’t find out which TomTom devices do support the celeb voices. Poor show TomTom. Don’t even feel like using it, so think I will look elsewhere ...maybe Garmin?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,428
    Superuser
    Hi @Scallywagbert

The GO Basic does support some Celebrity Voices, I think John Cleese is one and Mr Burns may also be one, but some are not compatible. Maybe @VikramK can see what voices you have on your old device and add any that are compatible for use on the new unit to your account so you cn download it/them to the unit.

If possible to help could you list the voices concerned.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,486 Moderator
    @Scallywagbert
    Voice activated :) please check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram