How do I get updated UK map to include new A14? — TomTom Community

How do I get updated UK map to include new A14?

nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
I have needed to drive to Huntingdon several times recently navigating with the TomTom Go Navigation app on my iPhone & encountered the same problems as were encountered by users of dedicated TomTom devices some months ago that are now apparently fixed on the dedicated devices. TomTom gets totally confused. Tried to send me via side roads rather then the six-lane highway then told me it would take 48 minutes to travel 8 miles etc etc & worst of all got me lost so that I drove about 10 miles too far & was late for my appointment.

When will this be fixed on the iPhone.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1707009

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,409
    Superuser
    Hi @nigelbbb

You have posted elsewhere about this. Can you give some Start and Finish info that we can try?

Doug
  • nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
    Sure.

Start: South Street, Manningtree CO11 1BG
    Finish: Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon
    Thanks.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,409
    Superuser
    Hi @nigelbbb

I have raised it and await some response. The issue may be map related as the PND's use a different map set to the GO App so it needs investigating why there is a difference. The App seems to work fine if you want to go from say Duxford to Peterborough so why does it not follow a similar route until Junction 21.

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @nigelbbb

I see what you mean. I assume that you are seeking that it takes you along to the new A14 section then turns East towards the hospital at Junction 21 as it suggests if you use a GO5200.

I will raise this .as an issue with NDS maps.

Doug

I'm not sure it's Junction 21 that I want. Google Maps thinks it's Junction 22. I drove the route yesterday & once again TomTom completely lost it informing me it would take 38 minutes to travel 7 miles. The journey isn't helped as the exit for Huntingdon isn't signalled on the road signs properly. The previous route would have gone via Godmanchester but Huntingdon has been painted over on the sign at that exit. Huntingdon is signed on the A14 then the exit isn't marked except by a sign indicating a route for HGVs. I followed this exit yesterday but didn't notice the Junction number (I was too concerned about getting lost again :) ) but I think that followed the Google Maps route.