New map on my GO 620 (2016), how to install? — TomTom Community

New map on my GO 620 (2016), how to install?

I just bought a new map for my GO 620 from 2016 (ZE3xxxxx0756), but after starting Tomtom connect, it does not see any updates or new items.
I do not have lifetime updates

Does someone know how I do get my new map on the device?

Regards,

Matijs

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,385
    Superuser
    Hi @J_M

Why did you buy a map as the GO620 Wifi units come with all Tomtom's car maps available for download to the unit. IE if you bought the unit in Europe you can add the USA, Australia and all the other Car based maps.

If you

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Add a Map
    You should be offered the chance to add many worldwide maps. If you are not being offered any maps then let us know here and we can ask one of the Mods to sort the settings for you unit so the maps are offered.

Re the map you have purchased you need to contact customer support to get a refund.

Doug
  • J_MJ_M Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hello @DougLap
    Strange, no if I go to settings->maps. I cannot add any maps (no maps are shown)

Wat kind of info do you need to help me?
    Superuser
    edited September 27
    Hi @J_M

So it appears your unit is not setup on the TT servers correctly. If you have input the same account as you are using here into the Unit then hopefully @VikramK will pick it up from there. If he cannot then he will ask you to message him the serial number. Do not post the information here.

Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
  • J_MJ_M Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Oke, thanks for now
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,454 Moderator
    edited September 28
    Hi @J_M

Welcome to the community! The device is still on firmware/Navkit version -16.402.
    The firmware first needs to be updated for the rest of the updates to get installed. This problem might require some further investigation from our 2nd Line team.

Please get in touch with our customer service to report the issue.

Thanks, Vikram
    Superuser
    Hi @J_M

Here is some info on contacting Customer Support.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

As you follow the info when you have logged into your account as requested then Tap Contact Us as Suggested. Type Help in the box offered then Tap Return.

The Help box appears and so just tap contact us at the bottom and you should get a Box with Email or Chat options. Chat is busy so you may have t try a few times to get a connection.

Doug