GPRS sim deactivated on GO 6000 trucker — TomTom Community

GPRS sim deactivated on GO 6000 trucker

bradley2344bradley2344 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
is there a way to reactivate the sim card for the trucker 6000 as i have been on the phone to "tomtom" support who say it can be for a price of £50 which is a bit steep to me considering i have purchased the live services and traffic already

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,690
    Superusers
    edited September 26
    Hi
    @bradley2344
    Welcome to the site....
    Also be aware that for a Live Device the SIM card is automatically deactivated if the device Live Traffic Subscription has NOT been renewed for 18 months....
    Tomtom sends emails the affected users and give 28 days notice before deactivating the SIM card... In this in the above circumstance the deactivated SIM cannot be reactivated....

I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....

The GO 6000 Ranges are NAV4 devices, there is no need to disassemble the device....
    If you hold your 6000 Upside-down i.e.... the connections at the top and with the screen facing away from you, the SIM is under the CE sticker to the left of the Micro USB port....

ezilfl3wmmhg.jpg
    With the device turned OFF...
    Carefully remove the sticker... It's advisable to use Antistatic precautions when handling the SIM... You will need a pair of fine pointed tweezers to remove the SIM
    If you pull out the SIM a little way, and reinsert it a few times it should remake a good connection
    Note: When reinserting the SIM have the contacts facing away from the GO 5100 screen
    Use double-sided sticky tape to replace the CE sticker

Note... The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,338
    Superuser
    Hi @bradley2344

Beware!!! I suspect you have not been on to Tomtom but a scam website. Firstly Tomtom do not have any Phone line Customer support with so many working from home and are only operating Chat or Email. They also don't charge for activating the SIM card.

Could you try the following.Soft Reset

Turn the unit on and when ready ready to use Prees and Hold the ON/OFF button for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the Drumroll Sound then let the button go. As here.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

If that does not resolve it then Check on the My Drive Website by logging in to your account there and see if all your My Places etc are saved there. If they are then do the following:-

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This does a Factory reset and you will have set it up again as you did out of the box. The Current Operating Software and Map versions are not changed by this and when it logs into your My Drive account will restore the My Places etc.

Look back here to see what @VikramK has to say after he has checked your settings on the Tomtom Servers and whether the Live services and Traffic are okay for your unit. If the problem is that if you have renewed the services recently and the system has not been changed to reflect this then he may ask you to contact Customer Support to resolve that .

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,428 Moderator
    Hi @bradley2344
    The services for your TomTom look okay so probably this is a case for the customer service to review the SIM in the backend.

Please get in touch with them and they should be able to guide you.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Regards, Vikram