Inbuilt fuse in Active Dock — TomTom Community

Inbuilt fuse in Active Dock

paulvfr_750paulvfr_750 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited September 28 in RIDER
Hi there, is it possible to replace the inbuilt fuse in the active dock on a Rider 500? Or is it possible to replace the circuit board, without having to replace the entire active dock unit? Thanks.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,751
    Superusers
    edited September 25
    Hi
    @paulvfr_750
    Welcome to the site....
    The fuse is a small surface mounted fuse (Soldered to the PCB) if you are OK with Precision Surface Mount Soldering you should be able to find an equivalent/replacement fuse on the internet...
    You won't get a replacement PCB from Tomtom....
    A replacement dock is available from the Tomtom Web Shop....
    See... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/motorcycle-mount/

Is the Mount still under Guarantee ???
    What are the problems/symptoms you are having with the Rider Dock ???
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • paulvfr_750paulvfr_750 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks @YamFazMan, the components are tiny on the circuit board, and the pcb doesn't seem to have components listed, although I would need to get a magnifying glass to confirm that! If I took a photo of the circuit board, would anyone here be able to point out the onboard fuse to me, and its rating? The symptom is no charging, there is no voltage on the mount pins going to the sat nav, 12 volt no problem on the input side. There had been about 6 volts, if I remember rightly, across the pins at an earlier stage.
  • paulvfr_750paulvfr_750 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    q2j1er19paph.jpg
    4zqancpy91lv.jpg

Ok, here is the circuit board, photographed both sides. Can anyone point out the inline fuse to me?
    Thanks.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 565 [Revered Pioneer]
    Not 100% sure but I think this is the Fuse.

ht6qewyr3r87.jpg

Can you check the resistance? It should be very low if it is a working fuse. If the resistance is very high it can be your defective fuse.
    Make sure to use a max 2A Fuse in the main 12V line when testing. Then you can try to short this component and see is you get 5V on the pins.