Traffic in Android app for Slovenia - why not? — TomTom Community

Traffic in Android app for Slovenia - why not?

hatgiehatgie Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,

I've recently started using the TomTom Android app, but I'm shocked to see that somehow Traffic isn't shown in Slovenia. I've seen same questions over the years on the internet:

https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/1100695/keine-traffic-daten-fuer-slowenien-in-tomtom-go-aber-in-mydrive-schon

https://www.tomtomforums.com/threads/traffic-info-for-slovenia-for-go-mobile-app.32367/

There must be some kind of a reason that only Slovenia is let out, but traffic works fine in Austria or Croatia? I mean Sygic has the TomTom data in their app and data is also available on mydrive.com, so the data EXISTS.

Can we please finally get an official explanation for this? You're really hindering Slovenian customers because of that.

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,689
    Community Manager
    Hi @hatgie ,

Welcome to the community! :)

I had asked this question to the team before and have sent a reminder.

Regards,
    Jürgen
  • hatgiehatgie Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Jürgen,

thank you for your response, hope there will be some info coming back soon or even enabling the Traffic.

In the meantime I've stopped using the TomTom GO app (was in the Trial) and use the TomTom AmiGO app, because there the Traffic in Slovenia is normally available, just like on the Website mydrive.tomtom.com.

I do miss the bar on the right though, where you can see the whole journey and the coming situations, so I'd purchase the TomTom GO immediately, if Traffic becomes available.
    Community Manager
    edited September 28
    The team is now looking into enabling Traffic for Slovenia in the app.
    (TDP-11202)
    Jürgen wrote: »
    The team is now looking into enabling Traffic for Slovenia in the app.
    (TDP-11202)

Thank you, that's excellent news, hope you'll keep us posted.
  • reini676reini676 Posts: 57 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    @hatgie Good news :) !! I live in Styria and i am close enough to the border to see traffic near Maribor in the Go App. So traffic info in Slovenia should now live in the Go App :) !! (i use the iOS Version) I hope i can try out soon on my next trip to Slovenia - when Covid finally comes to an end -.- ...
    Community Manager
    We have now enabled Traffic for Slovenia in the app, next to Estonia.
    Jürgen wrote: »
    We have now enabled Traffic for Slovenia in the app, next to Estonia.

Thank you so much ! Best news in all 2020.
    reini676 wrote: »
    @hatgie Good news :) !! I live in Styria and i am close enough to the border to see traffic near Maribor in the Go App. So traffic info in Slovenia should now live in the Go App :) !! (i use the iOS Version) I hope i can try out soon on my next trip to Slovenia - when Covid finally comes to an end -.- ...

Schöne grüße nach Steiermark :)