GO 500, screen sticks on "connected to your computer" — TomTom Community

GO 500, screen sticks on "connected to your computer"

GatewaysGateways Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
GO500, when powered up in the car, via the USB cable, as normal, has now started to show the message "connected to your computer", and I have to click on either of the icons to continue to use it normally. I wonder what I have not done or done to allow this to start happening. I have even totally factory reset it (hold the on\off button down for 20 secs) but the message still appears.
b51bszeh2ork.jpg

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,385
    Superuser
    Hi @Gateways

The Reset you have described is a Soft Reset. To do a factory reset then you need to do the following:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

Now before you do this go to the Tomtom My Drive Webpage and log into your account. Then check that your My Places are saved there and any Poi or Route files that you have added and synced to your unit. If they are there then when you do the above reset including logging the unit into your My Drive account the data should be restored to the device. Also when you have completed the reset the Operating Software and Map versions on the device will have been retained.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,751
    Superusers
    edited September 24
    Hi
    @Gateways
    Welcome to the site....
    Are you using the Built-in Dashboard USB Port in you Car for the power supply ???
    See... Note (2) in Link... A dashboard USB port can also fool a NAV4 Device into entering 'Updating Mode' and display the Connected to your Computer splash screen
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1725928/#Comment_1725928

Stay safe... ATB YFM