My Places, limit of 40, how to increases this? — TomTom Community

My Places, limit of 40, how to increases this?

I have tomtom 6250 trucker go, it has an SD card slot and i have put a 120gb in but does not seem to give you extra storage space. I think ive reached a 40 limit of saved favorites in My places.
Is that it or what....

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,385
    Superuser
    Hi @Woody23

Tomtom units have a limit of 32gb for an extra memory card so I assume it is not seeing your card for that reason and the extra memory is only used for Maps..

Not aware there is a Limit on My Places so wait for someone else to comment. How much spare memory have you got on your internal memory. The unit needs a minimum of 400mb for operational purposes so may be having an effect on your My Places issue.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,751
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Woody23
    Welcome to the site....
    As Doug says there is a 32GB limit for a Micro SDHC Memory Card

I don't know if there's an official max number of MyPlaces....

But In the early days of the NAV4 devices you could use a 3rd party program to side-load Favorites into MyPlaces...
    I had 900 MyPlaces loaded another user had 1300 (That's one hell of a list to scroll down) 😧
    Note... Tomtom knocked the little trick of side-loading Favorites on the head when they released the update Version 17.1 that allowed 3rd party POIs to be installed... At the same time they changed the memory location where the MyPlaces were stored and stopped the 3rd party program loading the Favorites/MyPlaces to the device

When using 'MyPlaces' menu you don't have to search down the long list of MyPlaces

Searching MyPlaces....

The MyPlaces appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen

Say in MyPlaces you have...
    Costa Worcester
    Costa Bromsgrove
    Costa Droitwitch
    Costa Bridgnorth

Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    If you Type say 'C' a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen
    Either continue to type 'Costa b' and the Costa Bromsgrove and Costa Bridgnorth outlets will display at the top of the list
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    Or
    Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    Then type say 'C' and a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen continue to type 'Costa
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and a full list of costa outlets will display
    After completing your search, to navigate to a 'MyPlace'... Tap the required MyPlace --> Tap the 'Drive' Icon or Tap on the 3Dot Icon, a quick menu will open with more options

PS... Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type say 'T' on the right-hand side of the Search screen will be all of your MyPlaces beginning with 'T'
    But on the left-hand side of the Search screen will be a list of your recent destinations beginning with 'T'
    Don't forget to Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    PPS... There is also a dual Icon with 3 Lines & 2 circles...

bf5c60ee-cdb2-4ca7-bcae-a1f0f9623372.jpg
    Tap the the 3 Lines or 2 Circles to toggle between List & Map view
    Tap the Keyboard Icon to return to the Keyboard & Search menu

Note... The list generated by 'Quick Search' shows around the nearest 40 results displayed in distance order.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Woody23Woody23 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for you answers looks like wasted money on SD card then, the 40 limit seems tp be only on the mydrive app on the computer, looks ok if add directly on tomtom device but process is slow transfering old locations old to new
    Superusers
    edited September 22
    Hi
    @Woody23
    Maybe useful....
    Using the Google Maps Search Engine to find location --> Then transfer the locations to the MyDrive Web Route planner....

Transfer the individual Google Map locations manually to the MDW Route planner
    MyDrive Web Route planner....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    With Google Maps and the MyDrive Web Route planner both running
    (1)... Type the location into the Google Maps Search Box and Right-click on the offered location marker and select 'What's here'
    Or
    (2)... Right-click on the Map at the required location and select 'What's here'
    (3)... A small window opens at the bottom of the screen... Click on the displayed Coordinates... the Coordinates are now displayed in the normal Search Box
    (4)... Copy the Coordinates & Paste them into the MyDrive Web Route planner 'Input box' (Press Enter on your Keyboard) the MDW Route planner will Zoom to the location....
    Right-Click on the Icon to....
    Send Destination
    Add to MyPlaces
    Use as Starting point
    Plan Route
    If you have a Route already planned....
    Right-Click on the Icon to add a Stop

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Superusers
    edited September 22
    Hi
    @Woody23
    Many users have asked for the facility to back up their MyPlaces to a PC
    The Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner i.e... the Tomtom Cloud
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

The MyDrive Route planner allows you to download your data from the Tomtom Cloud
    3d6xrq52c0wz.png
    The file looks like unusable Gobbledegook, but the MyPlaces can be found in the file
    Click on image to enlarge....
    x3keyqdqe377.png

User Ethoz....
    Posted a link to a excellent Tomtom MyPlaces to .Ov2 POI file converter tool
    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://chbworld.net/software/tomtompoi.html&prev=search

There's a Mac & PC version ....

Download and install TomtomPOI.exe from the above link
    Note... I have Virus checked the file with Avast Anti Virus all OK
    Run TomtomPOI

Ist Click on Open...
    948al3lvjrtz.jpg
    A New Filer Window opens
    Find & Select the (Your username goes here)_MyDrive.json.gz file
    Saved from the Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner
    Click on the 'Open' Box

wszajd139ty2.jpg
    2nd Click on Copy
    bsndf6o7jzm7.jpg
    3rd Click on Yes
    5567983e-03cb-46bc-a0f8-c09e5d822af2.png
    4th Click on Yes
    0d841302-e88f-4af0-bb4a-764126dc21d6.png
    5th Click on Save
    a8fe2080-c483-47ce-b413-b1606cd50aba.png
    Name the .Ov2 file & Save to the PC Desktop

Installing 3rd party POI Categories or Personal POI Categories...
    You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1717441/#Comment_1717441

Stay Safe... ATB YFM