Impossible to connect to phone or computer — TomTom Community

Impossible to connect to phone or computer

melvonicsmelvonics Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
i find it impossible to connect,phone or computer,not simple,cant update ,close to sending it back,done reset.

Comments

• melvonicsmelvonics Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    traffic doesnt work as well
  • melvonicsmelvonics Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    help
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,428
    Superuser
    Hi @melvonics

Firstly I assume you have set the GO6200, listed in your profile, and included your Tomtom account during that set up.

If you have reasonable Wifi then if you connect your unit directly to the Wifi by setting it up in Settings/Wifi. Once the unit is then connected to your Wifi you do not normally need a PC for getting Updates etc. See the following:-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034265/updating-your-navigation-device-using-wi-fi/p1?new=1

If you had no Wifi, maybe for health reasons, or the Wifi signal is poor then you can connect the unit to your PC with Tomtom's My Drive Connect software on it and running. Now in this case when you connect your GO6200 to the PC you just get a screen saying do it the easy way. When you see this then do nothing on the pc other than keep it connected with the Software running and go to your GO 6200 and:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Updates and New Items.

You will now get a list of updates etc which you should select one at a time and download to the unit.

Doug