What is the PIN connecting Go 520 to my iPhone? — TomTom Community

What is the PIN connecting Go 520 to my iPhone?

I am trying to connect my iPhone to my Go 520. When I client on it on my iPhone, the iPhone asks for a PIN. I don't see it ANYWHERE. Can anyone tell me what the correct PIN is.

Best Answer

Answers

• tedlondontedlondon Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, but no. The videos seem to imply that the TomTom device will provide the PIN, but mine does not, so I have no idea what PIN to enter onto my iPhone. Frustrating.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,832
    Superusers
    Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone, but if I remember correctly, there are two ways to pair the device.
    1. You can download the MyDrive app to your smartphone. To connect the device you can scan the QR code in the navigation device in the MyDrive app.
    2. Or old scool without the MyDrive App: In the navigation device menu, go to Menu/Settings/Bluetooth and tap on "Add Phone". When you see the QR Code let the iPhone search for bluetooth devices. Your satnav should now listed there. Select your device in your iphone an a Pin should be shown on your iPhone and the Go520
    Note: With iOS13 there are Bluetooth problems known to TomTom. As a workaround you can create a WIFI hotspot if method 2 does not work. But this is only a workaround.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get it right
    I really appreciate your help. #2 is what I have been trying. When I select the device on my iPhone, my iPhone asks for a PIN and no PIN is shown on the iPhone or the TomTom.
    That worked! Not sure why I needed the mobile hotspot, but that did the trick. Thanks.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,338
    Superuser
    Hi @tedlondon

I don't know either. 😂😂. Glad you are sorted

Doug