TomTom Go for Android -- can't download a map — TomTom Community

TomTom Go for Android -- can't download a map

Tazz_zzrTazz_zzr Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi! I have a TomTom Go for Android installed in a GPS device with Android 4.4.2 with license.

Recently I tried to update Iberia map, and it failed. It stops at 3% and shows the message "Download Paused".

I tried to erase app data and redownload the map, but it fails again in the same point.

I think I can't reinstall the map because this Android version is not supported in the TomTom Go app actual version.

Do we have any alternative map installation procedure?

Regards.

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,618
    Community Manager
    edited September 2020
    I guess that's indeed the Android version and there's no other way for downloading maps.

Compatibility for TomTom GO Navigation app for Android™

The TomTom GO Navigation app is compatible with Android™ smartphones* (Android™ version 5.0.1 or higher) which have a WVGA screen resolution from 800 x 480 or higher.

The app is optimised to run on devices with screen sizes of up to 7 inches. The storage space required for the application is 180 MB. The storage space required for the map can vary depending on the map region you choose to download.

*We cannot guarantee that the app will work correctly on all Android™ devices that have an Intel® chipset.