Can I update TomTom maps on 2016 Fiat 500 (UK)? — TomTom Community

Can I update TomTom maps on 2016 Fiat 500 (UK)?

Paolo77Paolo77 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited September 18 in Built in car navigation
Hi. Thinking of buying a 2016 (face lift) Fiat 500 with the 5” radio nav live unit which has dab/sat nav built in. Can I update the maps please ?? Thanks

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,136
    Superuser
    Hi @Paolo77

I think you should be able to except there is one thing to be aware of. If the previous owner has not kept the unit up to date within the last 3 years then the inbuilt sim may have been deactivated and is not restorable.

Doug
  • Paolo77Paolo77 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Doug. Thank you so much for swift reply ... is there any way I can check on that (car is with non-Fiat dealership and has had 2 owners of approx 2yrs each)? Maybe someway of checking the radio/Nav unit itself in ‘settings’ ?? Or maybe a call to FIAT ?? I have the VIN number of the car. Might you know how at all ?? Thanks for your help. Paul
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,136
    Superuser
    Hi @Paolo77

I am not sure how you can check it. Let’s see if @VikramK has anything to say tomorrow. Look back then.

Doug
  • Paolo77Paolo77 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Will do. Much appreciated.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,240 Moderator
    Hi @Paolo77

Welcome to the community!
    There are so many different built-in modes and not all of them are compatible to work with TomTom maps and services.
    Could you send me the serial number the device through a private message, and then I could review it?

Thanks, Vikram