MyDrive Connect Stuck On Checking — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect Stuck On Checking

simontphelpssimontphelps Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited September 18 in MyDrive Connect
Have a Start 42 and have gone through the arduous process of removing files via %localappdata%/TomTom and uninstall and reinstall and soft reset on Start 42. Unfortunately I am still left with a device that is useless and hangs continuously.

I know what the standard response is....firewall....uninstall....clear files....soft reset. Well done the whole lot and still no joy. This isn't a Windows issue it is a TomTom one.

Anyone got any other ideas as to what may fix....

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,240 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @simontphelps

Welcome to the community!
    The logs in the backend show the installation is stuck due to pending downloads. In this situation, the advice would be to keep the device connected until the installation completes or fails...

Using a wired and fast internet connection could help...

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,240 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @simontphelps

Welcome to the community!
    The logs in the backend show the installation is stuck due to pending downloads. In this situation, the advice would be to keep the device connected until the installation completes or fails...

Using a wired and fast internet connection could help...

Thanks, Vikram
  • simontphelpssimontphelps Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Vikram,

I shall try and advise as to the outcome. Seems rather peculiar as have decent broadband connection.

Thanks

Simon
    Vikram,

Now over a day on from starting process and sent a number of logs - 5 in last 24 hours - and no further on. Stuck on "Updating device" "Getting ready". I appreciate that this is an advance but still don't have a working device. Also seems a ridiculous amount of time to update.
    OK. I have run out of patience with it hanging continuously. Gone through clear out as detailed in initial point and restarted.