Permission pop-up on GO Navigation with iOS 14 — TomTom Community

Permission pop-up on GO Navigation with iOS 14

lampardlampard Posts: 4,840 Moderator
Hi everyone,

Since iOS 14 is coming out earlier than expected, Apple's changes to the OS are causing a system popup asking the users that "TomTom GO would like to find and connect to devices on your local network" - see attachment.

sw3vya2i3f46.png

While this is something we have no real intention to request, it's causing traffic to stop working after a user denies permission. Our team is currently working to provide a fix for it. In the meantime, to ensure your app still works well, please go to 'Settings > TomTom GO > Local Network' and make sure that the permission is enabled.

Regards, lampard

Comments

• RicoKRicoK Posts: 83 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    @lampard I do not see/understand what you mean. I just updated my iPhone 11 Pro Max to iOS 14. When I go to Settings > TomTom GO I find the following: Location, Contacts, Siri, Messages and Mobile Data. I do not find Local Network. Can you check your announcement and/or explain to me what is meant? Thanks.
    @lampard I just found out. After I have started TomTom GO on my iPhone I checked the settings again and there was what you meant. I have set the slider to Green as you suggested.
  • smudger64smudger64 Posts: 58 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    edited September 18
    Hi
    Any news on whether the IOS14 update will include My Routes too? Or address the overheating issues?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,590
    Community Manager
    smudger64 wrote: »
    Hi
    Any news on whether the IOS14 update will include My Routes too? Or address the overheating issues?
    The routes sync from MyDrive isn't related to iOS 14. We're trying to get it out as soon as we can but hardening the code takes its time.

• smudger64smudger64 Posts: 58 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    smudger64 wrote: »
    Hi
    The routes sync from MyDrive isn't related to iOS 14. We're trying to get it out as soon as we can but hardening the code takes its time.

Thanks appreciate the feedback.
  • Malkus77Malkus77 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Changing the name of one of the two bluetooth connections m3q4eur4ljyb.png
    makes the connection stable to the mydrive app and eveything seems to be working now ok
    Community Manager
    edited September 22
    We have now started rolling out 2.3.1 which fixes the permission notification. It should be offered to all users after one week.
    @Jürgen Thanks! However, regarding the x.x.1 it sounds it is only a bugfix. What is more included in this update?
  • GummibandoGummibando Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited September 22
    @lampard @Jürgen

Bug: Search screen locks up UI

iOS 14, TT Go 2.3.1

When exiting the search screen, the entire TT Go UI is locked up and does not react anymore to control inputs from the car.
    Until you enter and leave the search screen, everything works. I have to force-quit and reopen TT Go on the iPhone to restore normal behaiour.
    Cross-checked with Apple Maps, which works fine.

Please check the video in the link. The clicking sound is the car's rotary controller.
    The link (WeTransfer) expires on Sep 29, 2020.
    I have no idea if this is caused by iOS 14 or the TT Go 2.3.1 update. Or both.

Btw. you can also see the still missing "delete" glyph in the blue button next to the search field.

https://we.tl/t-NFpNpeAnSo
    Community Manager
    Thanks @Gummibando - I forwarded this.
    Community Manager
    @RicoK It's an in-between release to fix a bug.