Rider 550 doesn't connect to phone; TomTom refuses to replace or refund. What can I do?
I have tried, multiple times, the usual IT approach of:
- drum resetting the TomTom
- uninstalling the MyDrive app
- unpairing the Rider from the phone
- wiping the cache partition of the phone
- reinstalling the MyDrive app
- repairing Rider and phone
Now the connection comes and goes; in bluetooth settings, the Rider actually shows the phone name flashing: one moment it says connected, then it disappears, then connected again, then disappears, etc.
TomTom's technical support say this is a known issue and refuse to replace or refund the device "as it is a software issue". That is the most ludicrous excuse ever: whether it's softwrae or hardwrae is irrelevant, the device is unusable.
Has anyone had this issue? Does TomTom have some kind of formal complaint procedure?
I am based in the UK.