My GO 6250 keeps restarting — TomTom Community

My GO 6250 keeps restarting

hi all my 6250 keeps rebooting up to 5 times in ten minutes.any fix would be nice

Best Answer

Answers

• blackbox39blackbox39 Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    plus i have tryed the drum roll which has no effect
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,908
    Superuser
    Hi @blackbox39

Try a Factory Reset. Before you do check that all your My Places etc are saved in your account by checking on the My Drive website.

Tap menu
    Tap settings
    Tap system
    Tap reset device.

Doug
    hi doug
    done that as well still the same
    thanks doug ill give it a go and let you know
    hi doug
    got it first time ill see did it stop the rebooting in work tonight and let you know thanks for your help
    hi doug
    that did the trick no more rebooting happy days thanks again
    Superuser
    Hi @blackbox39

Glad to hear you are sorted. Think you should try the lottery this week. The Restarting cured and you managed the 3 Taps first time. 🥳🥳🥳

Doug
    hi doug the 6250 is back rebooting i brought it to a local satnav guy and he said the map has corrupt files and have to wait for new europe truck map update would you have any idea when its released
    Superuser
    Hi @blackbox39

If you fully charge the unit before you use it using an Apple or similar phones mains charger plug that accepts the USB cable end does the problem still occur?

If you go to the white writing page as you did with the 3taps what does it say the battery level is when the rebooting is happening.

Have you installed an SD extra memory card.?

The next map editions should be out fairly soon I think.

Maybe @VikramK can suggest something in the meantime maybe if it could be the map he could add a small map like Iceland so when you load it on the unit it will enable you to delete the existing truck map the reload a fresh one. I would have thought that if the map was corrupt then it would have been happening all the time.

Doug
    battery is grand,i have installed exra sd card but removed it and still reboots,ive sent vikram a txt so hopfully i can add small map delete truck map and install fresh truck map
    hi doug vikram sent me map of uk and ire so hope that solves reboot issue thanks again for your help
    Superuser
    Hi @blackbox39

The UK map is for cars only so once you have loaded it then you can look to delete the Truck map and re install after you have turned t he unit Off first.

Doug
    no still rebooting ive deleted the europe map.i noticed it only rebootswhen u put a destinatin in and directions start then it reboots every 20 secounds
    on the white writing screen battery is at 83% and thats with me walking around garden for a while,under battery charge level it says rtc sat .sep 2 1:53 :56 1972
    now it just went from 83 % to battery empy so could it be a dodgy battery on its last legs
    found the cause of the reboots it was the my drive sync
    Superuser
    Hi @blackbox39

Glad you seem to have sorted it. Could you give some more detail of what you have done in case it is helpful for others.

Doug
    hi doug
    so to stop the 6250 rebooting i did the recover the device step then reset the device then stoped my drive sync for good measure i deleted my drive app from my phone and did not reinstall it,unpaired my phone from bluetooth and did one more reset so to make sure all the smart settintg were turned off,sat nav went through the usual qs like language and stuff and i did not pair phone again nor did i connect to wifi then hey presto no more reboots tested it today and worked like a charm ,the only drawback was i had to type in destinations manually but i can live with that.im a courier so i needed the 6250 traffic directions back and today i sailed around our city,thank you again doug and vikram for pointing me in the right direction i dont know why tomtoms own my drive sign in in the satnav options would clash with the operating systym but somehow it did for me and it has solved weeks of looking at forums and googleing hope it helps others.