Watch doesn't connect to computer — TomTom Community

Watch doesn't connect to computer

Jc_ockroftJc_ockroft Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I have a similar issue to above. I have had no issues with the watch for the past couple of years, but it appears that one of the connectors on the back of the watch has now worn away - there is no gold on one of the connectors. The watch still charges, but I cannot connect it to a PC to use the app or presumably keep the device's software updated. Is this a known problem and does anyone know the solution?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Why won't TomTom Runner Cardio connect to computer?.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    Jc_ockroft wrote: »
    I have a similar issue to above. I have had no issues with the watch for the past couple of years, but it appears that one of the connectors on the back of the watch has now worn away - there is no gold on one of the connectors. The watch still charges, but I cannot connect it to a PC to use the app or presumably keep the device's software updated. Is this a known problem and does anyone know the solution?

If the contact is just covered with grime you can clean it with a pencil eraser. If it is gone altogether there is nothing that can be done, you can't really replace it and it is not repairable. You can upload by phone app or just get a new watch. You would be better off just getting a new watch, there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days (TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago).