Strange Bug when starting a new route in V2.2.3 — TomTom Community

Strange Bug when starting a new route in V2.2.3

I had a strange problem twice now with V2.2.3.

When drive a track from MyRoutes and decide to take the short route home and go to ....menu -> My Places -> select place and start the new Route and follow the instructions. After driving a bit I found out that the route is not logical.
When I check the menu there is still a “My Current Track” menu option. It looks like the Track is restarted with the original drive to start or nearest point option.
(in my case DataRoaming was off so the Route was calculated on my phone)

When I first stop the track with the Delete Track option thoe route works. On my Rider 550 the procedure above works.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,597 Moderator
    HI @RoadRider

Sorry about my late response! Is this happening only when you choose a new destination while the current route is active?
    After driving a bit I found out that the route is not logical.
    Can you please elaborate on this? Do you mean the destination is different than you chose or it's just a route that isn't shortest or optimal? Please mention the app version and the phone model you're using as well.

Thanks, lampard
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 726 [Revered Pioneer]
    Yes, this is only happening when I choose a new destination using "My Places" when a Track is active . With "Drive Home" it seems to be working.

I see the new Route on my screen and starting. but I am being send back to the loaded track or the start of this track. Also the menu still shows "Current Track" where "Current Route" is expected.

Now I updated to version 2.3 and put my phone into airplane mode I am not able te reproduce this issue at home.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,597 Moderator
    Thanks, @RoadRider for explaining this! I would advise you to give it a test run with the new version 2.3 and see if this is still happening. Let me know how it goes!

Regards, lampard